“Exactly what southern Maine needs”

Post Road Tavern & Rocky Coast Brewing
Cuisines: American, British
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Post Road Tavern is a family restaurant providing high quality dinners at reasonable prices. We feature British selections mixed with American PRT Specialties. We have a full bar and nightly dinner specials. Check the web site for details.Rocky Coast Brewing is a beer brewing operation within the Post Road Tavern restaurant. It features hand crafted "pico" brews by our master brewer. His unique recipes and processes produce outstanding Ales. In this age of the micro brewed beer our Pico brewed Ales are head and shoulders above in terms of taste, smoothness and drinkability.
Reviewed October 9, 2009

Post Road is a breathe of fresh air in the Ogunquit/Wells dining and drinking scene. The beer selection is the best in Ogunquit and the food always hits the spot. The menu, although small, is the perfect fare to accompany a pint. The staff is friendly and makes it a point to strike up a conversation with customers coming into the tavern. I'm glad this place exists in our town, it sure beats the other bars around.

2  Thank jpgrizzle

Reviewed October 7, 2009

My husband and I go to Oqunquit every September for a week, My daughter and I go a couple times a year for long weekends. I have eaten at many restaurants in the area. After reading the reviewas about the Post Road Tavern we decided we had to try it. When we arrived htere was a scruffy guy with a ponytail smoking in the little entyway. It was beautiful out so I dont know what that was about. The bar was full of loud people with filthy language. We were seated and the hostess apologized for the language coming from the bar area. My husband ordered the Chilli which was topped with stale nacho type chips. I ordered the Lobster Roll and my husband got the French Dip which was supposed to come with apple coleslaw. My Lobster Roll was the smallest skimpest I have ever seen. The fries were cooked and cooked again to heat them up again and were very dark and greasey, my plate had a puddle of grease on it. My husbands French Dip was ok, but there was no apple coleslaw. We wont ever be going back even though my husband liked the Beer selection on draft.

4  Thank Mainegirl09
PRTOgunquit, Owner at Post Road Tavern & Rocky Coast Brewing, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2009

Dear Mainegirl09,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our restaurant. We wish you had a better experience.

Although we don't offer "French Dip" on our menu possibly your husband had another meal that you confused with French Dip.

Our lobster rolls usually get great reviews from our regular customers.

We are very strict about smoking (new law is that smokers must be 20' from any door or window) and my wife, the hostess, does not remember anyone smoking in the doorway that evening. She also doesn't recall your poor dining experience. She makes a point of asking every guest how their meal was before they leave.

Please come back and try us again and we'll do our best to delight you with our food and service.

Thanks
Tom Orser
Owner, Post Road Tavern

Reviewed September 14, 2009

We stayed at the Ogunquit resort and one night we got back late and didn't want t o drive anywhere for dinner. We walked next door and found and very nice pub type menu.
The owner, waiter and bartender were as friendly as they come and the food was simply OUTSATNDING. My wife and I stayed and chatted, ate, and drank and we left feeling like it was our local establishment that we have been frequenting for years.
The price, quality and atmosphere make this a must place to eat while you are in or near Ocunquit.

1  Thank mpick819
Reviewed September 13, 2009

I just happened upon "PRT" as my girlfriend and I were traveling down Rt. 1, and boy am I glad I did! They had 14 different beers on tap, all of them fantastic, plus a fantastic collection of wine. If the beer was good, the food was better! I couldn't get over the menu, it was a great, something for everyone, all of it fabulous, all of it very fairly unexpensive.

The best part about this place though, was the atmosphere. The owners and staff make you feel right at home, as if you are part of the family. It was great.

The only bad part about this place is that it is so far away from our home!!

2  Thank Arndtehwrld
Reviewed June 8, 2009

Service was great, food was plentiful but not very good. Would not return.

5  Thank FairButPicky