“Good new pub in Ogunquit”

Post Road Tavern & Rocky Coast Brewing
Cuisines: American, British
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Post Road Tavern is a family restaurant providing high quality dinners at reasonable prices. We feature British selections mixed with American PRT Specialties. We have a full bar and nightly dinner specials. Check the web site for details.Rocky Coast Brewing is a beer brewing operation within the Post Road Tavern restaurant. It features hand crafted "pico" brews by our master brewer. His unique recipes and processes produce outstanding Ales. In this age of the micro brewed beer our Pico brewed Ales are head and shoulders above in terms of taste, smoothness and drinkability.
Reviewed June 2, 2009

It is what it is. A pub with a great beer selection, friendly staff and really good menu. I look forward to stoping by again - just discovered it last month.

4  Thank marie277

Reviewed April 27, 2009

Once a year, my family rents a house in Ogunquit and we all gather for a long-weekend before all the tourists crowd Maine's beaches. This year, we opted to have dinner at Post Road Tavern based solely on reviews of the place we've seen on Tripadvisor.

We are so glad we found the reviews, Post Road Tavern is amazing. My mom's British, grew up on the North Sea, so we've all spent time in British pubs and probably have higher expectations than others. Post Road Tavern met and exceeded those expectations.

The fish and chips are outstanding. My son took the waiter's dare and finished the full-size order. He's a teen, so I figured he'd do it, but even he said that it was an amazing struggle and then he didn't want any meals yesterday. I had the half portion and that was still more food than I could comfortably eat. Thankfully, my daughter had ordered soup and salad and then decided she really wanted a plate of fries, so she ate most of mine. Plus, they have malt vinegar, so you just can't go wrong. And not only do they serve HP sauce, they have the 2nd best one - Fruity HP. The only way they could improve on that is by getting their hands on the Curry HP! However, I was expecting HP and got Fruity so that was an unexpected treat.

The mushy peas - nothing like you'll get in England - they're better. They are definitely made with fresh peas and have a nice touch of curry, I'm pretty sure it was curry anyway.

I say this every year, but I wish I lived in Maine! I could easily hang out for a pint of Guinness, a Red Sox game and the friendly company of the staff at Post Road Tavern.

5  Thank VermontMom
Reviewed April 2, 2009

The service was great, very friendly, and fun staff. Some of the food options are a bit different, but I assure they all taste amazing! The atmosphere is like a british pub, that had great bands at least a few times a week. There was not one thing I did not like. Its a great place that everyone should visit at least once. They even have an economic crisis menu if you are on a budget.

3  Thank mcfbk
Reviewed February 9, 2009

The Irish Pub, which is exactly what people in this area have been waiting for!! So, for starters, the menu has a lot of great and authentic choices (i.e. fish and chips, bangers and mashed, etc…). The selection was not overwhelming (like some other places), and is the real deal – the “stick to your ribs” type of home cooked food. The beers they have on tap are a perfect fit for the awesome atmosphere. The staff is absolutely outstanding, and I found the owners onsite working (first greeting me at the door and again later working behind the bar). The grilled rib eye special I had was AWSOME!! And I have to admit, even better than the steak house I normally visit. It was cooked perfectly and a lot less expensive than I would have thought. The kid’s menu was well thought out, and my daughter didn’t have a problem finding something she liked. The staff was very knowledge about the menu, and was able to make great recommendations. When I returned later that night to catch the game with friends, I was pleasantly surprised to find they also had a late night bar menu. That weekend we went again – and found they have live music on the weekends. I can’t say enough good things about this place – I’LL DEFINITELY BE BACK!!

3  Thank JonSmittySmithMA97
Reviewed November 12, 2008

What a fantastic place!
Worth travelling 3000 miles to visit the menu is diverse and interesting
The choice of beers on draught is supurb and well kept
The hospitality is outstanding ......go visit this place andmake your own mind up Tell them bullet tooth Tony Sent You

3  Thank ants432000