“Best BLT ever!”

Post Road Tavern & Rocky Coast Brewing
Cuisines: American, British
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Post Road Tavern is a family restaurant providing high quality dinners at reasonable prices. We feature British selections mixed with American PRT Specialties. We have a full bar and nightly dinner specials. Check the web site for details.Rocky Coast Brewing is a beer brewing operation within the Post Road Tavern restaurant. It features hand crafted "pico" brews by our master brewer. His unique recipes and processes produce outstanding Ales. In this age of the micro brewed beer our Pico brewed Ales are head and shoulders above in terms of taste, smoothness and drinkability.
Reviewed September 6, 2012

We came in on a Saturday for lunch. Our first impression (sorry) was that it was sort of a dive bar. The decor is dated and the lighting is terrible. We grabbed a couple of stools at the bar and were warmly greeted by Jim, the bartender/owner. He made a few beer suggestions which were great and then offered us some menus. A few guys next to us were chomping down on buffalo wings which looked great and smelled better, but I wasn't quite ready for something so hot. I ordered the BLT and watched the Red Sox lose another game on the TV over the bar. When the meals arrived, I couldn't believe my eyes! The BLT was enormous. It was served toasted on what appeared to be homemade bread. It must have had a pound of crisp bacon, fresh lettuce and heirloom tomatoes, with just enough mayo. It was so big, I couldn only get half down before I was stuffed.
All in all, this place is great. Don't let the atmosphere drive you away. And if the owner is reading this, kudos to you and the kitchen staff, but update the place and you'll easily be on the best places in town!

Reviewed August 29, 2012

We were greeted immediately by an outgoing, friendly host. He was an owner, I believe.
I couldn't decide on a beer from the extensive list, so he brought me 4 samples.
I had the prime rib and my partner had the shepherd's pie. No complaints, what so ever. Everything was very good. I recommend it. We'll be back.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

We walked here from our room at the Majestic Regency in hopes for some liveliness after a day at the beach. Was not very lively. Sports on every tv. Pretty quiet atmosphere. Nachos were very tasty though!

1  Thank Abigayle A
Reviewed August 6, 2012

This place was great. Fabulous beer list. Hot and delicious pub food. Outstanding burgers, wings and some of the best onion rings I have ever had. I always like a place that trades having a smaller menu for being able to do things really well.

Reviewed August 1, 2012 via mobile

Had an early dinner at Post Road Tavern. Pros include very friend wait staff, good
beer selection and food that comes out
piping hot. The clam chowder and BLT
were average. The onion rings were good - the highlight of the meal was the pork chop, which was delicious. It was an average meal.

1  Thank ncggf3