“Bad day, maybe a fluke!”
Review of Amore Breakfast - CLOSED

Amore Breakfast
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Description: A fun, retro decor serving the finest breakfast in Ogunquit! We have a new location at 87 Main Street - Open 7:30-1 Closed Wednesday and Thursday in the off-season. April thru October
Reviewed September 7, 2011

We travel between Maine, Massachusetts and Key West a few months in each place each year. Amore's was recommended to us, just away from our resort, Pink Blossoms, in Ogunquit ME. We have eaten there several times over the years.
We have eaten here before, but this time it was not good. We went early in the AM to insure we got a good table, and there were many. The greeter however wanted to seat us at one of the smallest tables there and next to a wall which I declined, and opted for one of the of window tables that plenty were open.
The waiter had an attitude, I am not sure he liked his job, but I know he was the most customer UNFRIENDLY waiter I have had at Amore's.
He mixed up my order, and the bacon tasted like it was deep fried cooked for several hours to long in old oil.
All in all, we have to been to breakfast every morning, some place other than Amore's, maybe next year we will try again.

2  Thank MaverickA10

Reviewed September 7, 2011

My husband and I got to Amore everytime we are in Maine. We have even made a trip to Maine just for breakfast at Amore. Yes there is always a wait, but it is always worth it! Since there is always a wait to get it that should tell you something in itself. Our favorites are Banana Foster (stuffed french toast, yum!) and eggs benedict. The hash is also wonderful!!
The staff is always welcoming and always makes sure you have everythinng you need. We just can't say enough about Amore's. We recommend it to all of our friends.

Reviewed September 6, 2011

Very long wait. Food was good...different selection so if you like the standards this probably isnt what you are looking for. Very strong coffee. Other diners can be somewhat snobby. Loud atmosphere and a bit pricey.

1  Thank Shelly31178
Reviewed September 4, 2011

Went their with our 10 month daughter. Had trouble getting her to stay seated but she enjoyed the lemon bread French toast and the bananas from her waffle. Only knock on this place was they didn't have pancakes. Wait staff was very nice but our waiter was a little slow.

Reviewed September 1, 2011

My girlfriend and I went to Amore for breakfast and had a great time and a delicious meal. The restaurant itself was very clean and it had a great atmosphere. There was cool memorabilia throughout the restaurant and old school music playing (Sinatra etc.). We will definitely go back to Amore when we are in town again (it's our new favorite).
We met the owner of the restaurant and she was absolutely great! I'm not quite sure what some of the other reviewers were talking about when they said she was rude. She was very sweet! She actually took time to talk with us for a while and gave us information about what's going on in town and was genuinely interested in the conversation we were having.
As for the people who complain about prices and long waits- the area that Amore is in gets slammed with tourists and locals alike. The prices in all the restaurants in town are a bit higher than you would find in your hometown and the wait to get seated is going to be longer than you are used to. Deal with it or don't go out to eat. It's the case all over town.
We are going to suggest Amore to all of our friends when they come to Ogunquit.