Sea Chambers Motel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
The Colonial Inn(Ogunquit)(Great Value!)
$89
Sea Rose Suites(Ogunquit)(Great Value!)
$89
Juniper Hill Inn(Ogunquit)(Great Value!)
$94
Hotels.com
Pink Blossoms Resort (Family Suites)(Ogunquit)(Great Value!)
$75
Orbitz.com
The Milestone(Ogunquit)(Great Value!)
$65
Hotwire.com
Meadowmere Resort(Ogunquit)(Great Value!)
$114
Stage Run by the Sea(Ogunquit)(Great Value!)
$75
Travelocity
Norseman Resort(Ogunquit)(Great Value!)
$239
$98
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewssea bellbagelscontinental breakfastparsons postmarginal wayperkins coveocean viewoverlooking the waterfire pitrenovated roomoff seasonperfect locationenjoy the viewrooms are smallnice roomc unitflat screen tv
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 17, 2006

I read the reviews of the hotel here at Trip Advisor, and liked what I read. The hotel web sites gave an halfway accurate picture of the motel, although I was dissapointed with the building. I had to prepay by check in the mail. No on-line reservations. I came home from my trip and found my confirmation in the mail, luckily I had called a couple of days before to see if the motel recieved my payment. The motel has a nice location. As you can see from the pictures the view of the ocean is perfect.

The room itself was a bit on the low end. The web site describes "Designed with fine quality fabrics and furnishings". Thats not quite true. This is a typical motel furniture. Nothing fancy. The biggest problem is the noise. All the rooms have jalouise windows, which makes things very noisy. The walkway and a sitting area were right outside our room and at midnight several people were drinking and laughing which made it very hard to sleep. I call the office which was closed for the evening. They did have an emergency number. When I spoke to the manager she asked if I had gone out and told the people to quite down. I told ner no, thats her job! Fifteen minutes later things got quite, but several times during the night you could here doors opening and closing. At check out no apology was given.

Overall I don't think this was worth the $150.00 nightly fee. After I arrived I found several others nicer and comperable rate hotels to stay at. Think twice and choose wisely before you book at the Sea Chambers.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
7  Thank Travelguyvt
Reviewed September 18, 2006

Last week which was a last minute get away...I must have called 10 hotels in Ogunquit all were sold out. Except I left my name with this hotel Sea Chambers with a Minerva who happened to be wonderful when I asked her to put my name down in case she got a cancellation. Well wonders never cease...I got a call an hour later an we booked for this past weekend from the 15th to the 18th.
I have been to Ogunquit but that was 5 years ago so a lot has changed since. Than we stayed at the Colonial which is ok but a tad rundown now. but still reasonable.
Sea Chambers,
Our room was an ocean view as all the hotel rooms are with this hotel. The room was basic small TV, well furnished with a couple of chairs, bed all sizes you choose, fridge etc. Simple but very clean. For me clean is in above all else, and right in town and very close to the beach.
What was amazing was the staff that was really friendly and accommodating old style business ethics that are hard to come by these days. We had one issue they came in minutes fixed the problem and it was over. The continental breakfast was very basic so if it is not your thing find another place like we did.
Breakfast we tried the Amore cafe a few blocks down the road very good food for two it cost around $18. But it was worth it.
The other place called Blueberry hill cafe was very expensive, ok food, however my partners eggs arrived very wet which they did change the service was excellent not my kind of thing I preferred the Amore cafe.
Lunch we drove to Kennebunkport a few miles down the road. This is home to the famous clam shack if you like fried clams they are the best there in the whole area. Even Barbara Bush goes there for her seafood as she and George Senior have a small estate there right on the water. This area is very upscale and has a lot to offer after lunch, to look around it was fun. Just an FYI due to the red tide this year and the clam beds being much depleted expect to pay top dollar for this product now along with the lobster. A quart of fried clams with the stomachs was $$ per quart more than 20...Lobster was very pricy as well starting at 14.99 a lb.
We had lobster at the lobster shack on Perkins cove in Ogunquit. It was ok a bit dried out, very sloppily served would probably go back to the lobster pound ,next trip it was very expensive for two lobsters, two beers and one cup of chowder=$75.00 not worth the price we paid, or the service we got. It was plunked downed no utensils or napkins. We ended up retrieving them ourselves.
We went to a very charming Mexican restaurant right across the street, called Banditos Doritos on Shore road, it was a bring your own booze and the food was fresh and very tasty. The owner was fun as well, it is a very simple establishment so don't worry bout dressing up and this place was very reasonable.
One night for Dinner we went to Bessie’s which has some very good food but the first waiter we got had an attitude so that place for me was a write off. It was not cheap either for what we got.
Evening entertainment was slow, we walked into a bar called the Front Porch. Every time we passed it by it sounded like a ton of people singing to a piano. It is a piano bar with everyone singing Broadway toons and great combination drinks fabulous service and they have an x rated comedian called Chris ,,, who is fantastic. Great entertaining place however it is a Gay bar if you are uncomfortable don’t go. It does have a great mix of people and it is a ton of fun and a very happy place which are few and far between, by today’s standards. All in all very good few days off weather was terrific and the ocean was cold however for a last taste of the beach this place was worth it.
For bad days drive up to Kittery for the factory outlets some good deals as well.

• Stayed: September 2006
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
8  Thank Marlenegoesbyebye
Reviewed August 21, 2005

My husband and I stayed at this motel 30 yrs. ago and found the area to be most enchanting - magnificent scenery (waves crashing on massive craggy boulders, the smell of the salty air and sea pines, glorius sunrises on sparkling water, succulent fresh seafood, etc) We decided to re-live our Maine experience again and stay at the same motel. The scenery was still breath-taking, and the food still superb. However, a lot of other people found out about "the beautiful place by the sea", and there were too many cars trying to get in and out of a few roads. We would just sit on the benches in the little town sometimes, and marvel at the traffic jams (because of course there were no traffic lights in this sleepy little town!) Needless to say that is why we were so thankful to be staying at this motel which was just a short jaunt over the foot bridge to the lovely beach- or if you were brave to wade from the dock below across the little river at low tide to the soft sandy beach across the other side! But be sure to bring aqua socks to forgo the pain of barnacles and shells attached to the rocks! Many people loved to cruise up and down this little river with boogy boards, rafts, during low tide and had a marvelous time.
This motel was exceptionally clean, prompt service and the continental breakfast was very charming, with friendly hostesses who were more than gracious about people who wanted seconds of coffee, juice or whatever. The folks who had children and were dreadfully afraid of little hands grabbing at the beautiful decorations in the "Sea Bell" rooms ate out on the cozy patio with no problems - it saves the budget, and the offerings were very generous and tasty.
My one complaint was that the room we were booked in as a "corner" room was the disappointment of the stay, even though we spent very little time in the room itself because we had great weather, it was dreary and had no little chairs and table like the other rooms to watch the sea and the activity in the evening. There were also large laundry exhaust vents right under our window running all day long, and the foot traffic to the breakfast cottage all went by our door starting at 7AM! The room itself was charming, clean and had a nice sitting area, and it was too late to get another room because the facility was booked full. So enjoy the lovely Sea Chambers right on the sea, it is a beautiful place, but beware of the Corner room #4!

• Stayed: August 2005
13  Thank collapserelax
Reviewed August 2, 2005

We had the pleasure of staying at the Sea Chambers Motel along with our best friends last August. A death in our family caused an early departure and the management was very understanding and didn't charge us a cancellation fee. During our short stay, we absolutely loved the location,rooms and scenic views and still tell people about it. It didn't take long to decide to plan a return visit for August '05 which we look forward to with great anticipation. The area is awesome for scenery, restaurants, shopping or just taking a nice stroll on the beach or marginal way. I must disagree with the other reviews about the breakfast. We felt like we had stepped back in time to old New England and were treated like royalty. The dishes, food, atmosphere and ladies who act as hostess were all charming. We were four adults who enjoyed the pampering. Maybe if we had children with us, we may have felt differently. Make sure to plan time to just sit and enjoy the fabulous views.

• Stayed: August 2004
7  Thank TcTunes
Reviewed July 9, 2005

The Sea Chambers Motel is a perfect place to stay while in Ogunquit, ME. Located on Shore Road, it is just around the corner from the main roadway to the beach and not far away from the Marginal Way, a pathway along the shore.
The motel room and bathroom was very clean, spacious and accomodating even down to the coffee pot & supplies needed for that 1st cup in the morning. A refrigerator in the room kept leftovers safe. We were in a corner room on the bottom deck which to our delight boasted a private deck area adjacent to the guest deck. We had 2 huge windows looking over the river area and to the main beach. When making reservations look at the room map available on their website / the front corner rooms like ours have the best views. A continental breakfast was included at a small eatery accessible thru a motel corridor, tasteful in every way.
Our weather was not the best but with all the small shops and eateries all within walking distance of our motel, there were many things to see and most businesses stay open until 10 or 11pm. Also benches along the way give the visitor time to just sit and observe.
The Trolley system in the area is 1st rate and highly recommended due to the huge flow of traffic in the village, once parked it is safer to stay put. The Trolley picked us up right across the street from the motel and for $1.50 each (less for children) we had many choices where to stop. We decided to explore the many shops in Perkins Cove, a beautiful little village. A great place to eat was Barnacle Billy's with a wonderful casual atmosphere and complete surf or turf menu.

20  Thank kathyny