Scotch Hill Inn
The Colonial Inn(Ogunquit)(Great Value!)
$89
The Admiral's Inn(Ogunquit)(Great Value!)
$79
Hotels.com
The Grand Hotel(Ogunquit)(Great Value!)
$85
Sea Rose Suites(Ogunquit)(Great Value!)
$89
Terrace by the Sea(Ogunquit)(Great Value!)
$112
Pink Blossoms Resort (Family Suites)(Ogunquit)(Great Value!)
$75
Orbitz.com
Juniper Hill Inn(Ogunquit)(Great Value!)
Meadowmere Resort(Ogunquit)(Great Value!)
$113
$96
Hotels.com
$175
$98
TripAdvisor
All reviewsfrittatafront porchb bpolentahomemade granolareal maple syrupmarginal waybrownielocation is greatcoffee and teaeach morningother guestsmini fridgewarm hospitalitygreat hostsbaked goodscommon room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 12, 2009

This reivew is way overdue as my fiance and I stayed at the Scotch Hill in way back in August...but it sure wasn't a stay I would ever forget.

If you're looking for a romantic get-a-away the Scotch Hill would be it. It's a cozy place in which makes you feel like home the second you walk through the door. The inn keepers were wonderful, friendly and very helpful. They recommended various dinner spots and even made us reservations on certain nights.

The made to order breakfasts were to die for. I like to taste everything, and Joanne was able to cater to my desires perfectly. She made me a small plates of all the options rather than the normal size portion my fiance had. It was quite a lovely way to wake up every morning. Not to mention you were surrounded by beautiful gardens sitting on an adorable porch:-)

I must have read every review of every B&B in Ogunquit before choosing the Scotch Hill and it did not disappoint one bit. We almost stayed at the Distant Sands, but they didn't have availability. We were SOOOO happy we didn't when we got there and saw the location. The Scotch Hill was in the PERFECT location. It was a short walk to the beach, restaurants and entertainment. The Distant Sands was quite a ways a way.

One caution about Ogunquit in general. If you are a hetero-sexual couple you will be in the minority. We did not know this and were slightly surprised upon arrival. If this bothers you, I would not recommend the area in general. The Scotch Hill caters to people from all walks of life, and we felt comfy the whole time we were there.

We had a slight issue with the air-conditioner, but it was resolved within a few hours. Fortunately, Maine gets cool at night, and we were able to open the window.

Take advantage of the porch! A few nights we opened a bottle of wine and people watched from up above. It was so relaxing...A perfect VACA!

All and all our stay was amazing, and we would return in a heart beat. Kudos to Cheryl and Joanne...you run a wonderful place.

Reviewed February 9, 2009

We recently booked the entire Scotch Hill Inn for a special birthday party weekend. The Inn itself is charming, the rooms are beautiful and the common areas offer a great place to congregate. The Innkeepers were awesome! We arranged ahead of time to have them prepare some hot and cold appetizers, which were plentiful and delicious. They are known for their gourmet breakfasts, so we all had coffee and breakfast together while rehashing the night before. The quiche, pancakes, eggs, bacon, and even the special breads were scrumptious. What a great place to celebrate with friends or just relax with someone special during the off season in Maine!

• Stayed: February 2009
Reviewed November 12, 2008

What I wonderful place to stay! I had my cat along so was in the Littlefield Studio (Room # 8) behind the main building. Breakfasts were the best ... Blueberry Pancakes, Waffles, and the Eggs Bennie ... yum! (Great job Joanne!). Get out of the porch as much you can and enjoy. Location is great ... a quick walk to town center and the marginal walkway. I will be back! Mark

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled solo
1  Thank weathermn
Reviewed September 4, 2008

We stayed at the B&B for two nights. This is a fabulous place. The accommodations were great, hospitality wonderful and the food was perfect. We could have not stayed at a better B&B. The owner(s) were very cordial and accommodating. We have stayed in several B$B's around the country and Europe. This one is the best by far.

Madeline and Ray Grapevine Texas

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TxMainelovers
Reviewed September 3, 2008

We stayed at Scotch Hill Inn over Labor Day weekend and were very pleased with the charming Inn. The owners were so helpful in booking reservations for dinner, recommending places we would enjoy and listening to what we were looking for so we would be happy with our meals.

The rooms were immaculate. The front porch was relaxing in the afternoon with a glass of wine. The inn is a block away from downtown, which makes it convient for shopping while still close enough to the beach.

The best thing is their gourment breakfast. The last thing at night and the first thing on my mind in the morning is "What will I choose for breakfast. They make it special, eating on the porch overlooking their lovely gardens.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple