“Thanksgiving in July”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast
Reviewed July 3, 2018 via mobile

We have been to Bessie’s a number of times over the years for breakfast and lobster rolls and have been very pleased. But if you ever get tired of eating lobster in Ogunquit, if that is possible, try the turkey dinner with cranberries, stuffing, and mashed potatoes. The turkey is roasted on the premises. It was delicious and nicely done. I would definitely order it again. I ordered a salad that was plentiful and fresh. Staff was friendly and helpful. Overall a great dinner experience.

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed June 24, 2018

Tried this place out for breakfast while vacationing in Ogunquit. The restaurant is bright and cheery and the staff is friendly and accommodating. I enjoyed hash and eggs with a side of sauteed mushrooms.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed June 24, 2018

My husband and I went to Bessie's while vacationing in Ogunquit. The first time we stopped in for a light dinner: soup and sandwich. The kale soup was excellent and the half turkey club sandwich was filling and delicious. We were seated on the bar side and the young man who waited on us couldn't have been nicer or more helpful. We enjoyed it so much that we went back for lunch the next day. The experience was the total opposite from the night before. We were seated near the front entrance and ordered a few drinks. A young waiter passed by our table with a few delicious looking desserts. My husband jokingly said to the waiter "Oh, you can drop those off at our table". It was a light hearted joke. I don't know what that snotty waiter heard but I was facing him from the booth we were seated in and he gave me a dirty look. I explained that my husband was only joking with him. He apparently was so offended that he asked another older waitress to take our order. My husband even tried to tell him it was a joke but he just brushed him off. I was so upset with the total nonsense of the whole scene being made out of NOTHING, that I told my husband I couldn't stay one more second. To that end we walked out. It's too bad that one waiter ruined my good experience and memory or Bessie's. I still don't know what HIS problem was. Maybe a service type job just isn't a good fit for him. We might give it another chance the next time we're in Ogunquit, but honestly, if I see that waiter I'll leave. So, in conclusion, the first night was 5 stars and the second was 1.

1  Thank RITripper
Reviewed June 21, 2018

We stayed in ogunquit out of season so not too many restaurants open ,ate at Bessie's one night but food got cold really quick and not nice ,we put it down to the air conditioner so gave it another go ,we both ordered a turkey dinner ,but unfortunately was awful and left it ,such a shame because bar staff and servers were great ,when there are not many places open out of season,you need to up the game and not just rely on being the only place open

2  Thank biscyt
Reviewed June 20, 2018 via mobile

My son and I visited Ogunquit for a few days. The first night we are at Bessie's. I had the French dip...really good. My son had a half sandwich and chowder. My son asked to go back the next two nights.
Fantastic food.... fantastic service.