“Breakfast Not So Great”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed October 17, 2013

My husband liked this restaurant for a omelette, and my French Toast was ok, but the bacon was definitely left over and just heated up for me. Coffee not so great either but the good thing was the waitress. She always had a smile on her face.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Decided to ignore any bad reviews and side with the good. Glad we did. In an area where a lot of eating choices are frankly overpriced, Bessie's fits the bill. We grabbed a quick lunch on our 1st day in town and enjoyed it so much, that we came back for dinner. My wife and I both enjoyed the Blackened Salmon. The place still has that feel like you have stepped back in time a little. The foodie snobs wont be in the way, so you will get a table without a ridiculous wait. Service was quick and pleasant. No it isn't fancy, but I don't like fancy. If you don't need to overpay, then give Bessie's a shot.

2  Thank dan c
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Ogunquit was buzzing due to the good weather and Columbus Day celebrations so all the trendy eating places were crammed and noisy. Bessie's was two thirds full and although clean inside the decor was functional and unremarkable. I decided to give it a try and was pleased that I did. Beckie, my server was friendly and welcoming as she showed me to my seat. She took my order as soon as I had decided and I did not have to wait very long for my meal to arrive. I chose steak tips with sweet potato fries which arrived perfectly cooked and piping hot. The steak melted in the mouth . I was pleasantly surprised when the bill arrived as I have paid a lot more in the past for a meal of this standard. Well recommended.

2  Thank Mervyn9
Reviewed October 12, 2013

We ordered something for pickup and arrived to pick our order up. when you walk in you find yourself in the middle of a restaurant with no host/hostess and a frantic waitstaff. Not knowing where to go, we walked straight ahead into a barlike area and waited 10 minutes before we were acknowledged. a woman came up and said shed be right with us. we waited 5 more minutes, THEN we finally got our order and paid for it.
I ordered a chicken wrap which could only be described as a mess. The chicken was not cut into pieces so it was edible inside of a wrap, so when i bit into it the entire piece came out. The chicken was dry as if it was already pre-cooked and has been sitting out for hours. For some odd reason toothpicks were stuck THROUGH the Styrofoam containers into my wrap so when i opened the container the wrap fell apart. The wings were moist and flavorful but had an odd aftertaste to them as did the chicken in my wrap. I ended up getting sick shortly after. I don't normally take time to write negative reviews but when a restaurant makes someone sick that's completely unacceptable!

1  Thank ogtguy1988
Reviewed October 9, 2013

Not the best place to eat in Ogunquit, but if you really MUST eat NOW, this is a good place, especially for breakfast. Nothing special, and the prices are okay.