“Not impressed”

The Omelette Factory
Ranked #6 of 101 Restaurants in Ogunquit
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: I am trying to email you to determine why as of today my restaurant is no longer listed in the Ogunquit, Maine restaurant list???
Reviewed August 21, 2013

I was really looking forward to eating here after reading all the reviews, but was quite disappointed. We arrived late in the morning so it wasn't crowded at all (there was only one other customer) so we didn't have to deal with the cramped quarters, but it felt rather dirty. The tables hadn't been wiped down very well and the whole place had a "sticky" feel to it. My husband ordered the "basic" without cheese, but his meal came with it. I ordered an omelette that came back swimming in oil. Very very greasy and watery, I've had much better omelettes elsewhere. Service was meh - not very friendly and rather brusk. Not sure if it was an off day for them or not, but I won't be back.

CayceOgunquitMaine, Owner at The Omelette Factory, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2013

We appreciate all the reviews we receive from our customers, both positive and negative, and we do our best to learn from all of them how to always strive to do better. That said, we do not normally respond to reviews but felt compelled to answer to this one. A VERY limited number of our ten's of thousands of customers dislike our food but my staff is insulted that you refer to our restaurant as dirty and "sticky" while they expend so much time and focus on cleanliness! We challenge you to enter ANY restaurant (and one that has an open kitchen) at the end of a day when over 200 meals were served, many to families with toddlers, and tell us the restaurant was spotless? Happy restauranting... ....

Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

After reading all of the reviews we really thought this one was a winner but we were very disappointed. The omelets were ok but not any better than anywhere else, the coffee was watered down and tasteless and the service was subpar. The French toast had way too much cinnamon, and the omelets were very salty. We were also very disappointed that the omelets came with no sides except half of an English muffin and a slice of corn bread. Quite silly when all the other area restaurants provide a whole English muffin (or toast of your choice) and potatoes. Omelets ran about $9 which is outrageous when considering the sides. This place is extremely overrated. I would not recommend it and we will not be returning.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

We sat at the counter and enjoyed watching the cook. The food was excellent. The service was great. Great value--the helpings were large.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

We were so tired of waiting on huge lines and just wanted to have a nice home style breakfast in a nice small place- no hustle, no bustle- only great service, and great food. In fact, we're going to eat there everyday for the rest of our stay in Ononquit.

Reviewed August 2, 2013

WE stopped here for breakfast last weekend after looking around and not wanting to go back to other spots that where packed, overpriced and not that great. The Omelette's were unique as my wife put it she did not know whether the one she got (Sable) was good or weird. My Rednecker was very good and the has we had was nice and crispy. The pancakes are the size of the plate but the stepson had no problem finishing them. The sweet english muffin and the lemon poppyseed cake which came with breakfast was fantastic as was the strawberry preserves.