“Great Lobster Rolls”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Barnacle Billy's

Barnacle Billy's
Ranked #23 of 97 Restaurants in Ogunquit
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Scenic view, Kids, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Orinda, California
“Great Lobster Rolls”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

This was, without a doubt, the best lobster roll I've ever had. Large pieces of lobster, melted butter, and a lightly toasted roll. Perfection.

I'm a bit surprised by some of the negative reviews; I can only think that they must refer to a different place. We ate at the take-out shack. The service was friendly, the lobster fresh that morning, and the prices, while not cheap, were what I'd expect to pay for fresh lobster. The quantity of lobster meat actually made it a fair deal.

I'm a purist who believes that the only thing that can improve lobster is melted butter, so I was glad to hear that you can choose between butter or mayo.

There are a few picnic tables and benches to eat but nothing fancy. Still, it's hard to beat sitting by the water with a great lobster roll.

• Visited June 2013

Seoul
“Went with the more casual location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2013

There are two restauarants to choose from. We went with the more casual seat your self restaurant. Menu was the same, minus no friend food. Lobsters and clams were cooked to perfection, and the servers were attentive. I would recommend going here again. There are a number of seats on the rooftop, but the best views were of the small marina.

Visited July 2013
Leominster, Massachusetts
“Extremely Disappointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

Have visited there a few times, but this will be the last--we went to the take-out part of the pair of restaurants on a rainy non-busy day---we had to pay to park--at "guess the number of hours you are going to be there" lot
There were a bunch of high school age employees goofing off outside throwing a small ball and nearly hit us. Did not see one adult supervising inside or out
--so went in and ordered just a cheeseburger (they don't have fries, just a small portion if rippled chips) and clam chowder---oh and the overpriced food only served on picnic style plastic baskets and small paper plates and small plastic cups---even the beer was in a small plastic cup
I appreciate good food and love lobster and don't mind paying for it, but this is not the place.
My husband was sorry he suggested going there
We are not familiar with many of the other restaurants in Ogunquit and we were just passing through the area on our way home.
Time to try someplace else -- don't waste your money here

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank travelingwithmorris
Charlottesville, Virginia
“Part of the Perkins Cove Experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

After enjoying a chilly, rainy, late morning cruise out of Perkins Cove we decided to have lunch at The Original Barnacle Billy’s. Inside they had a warm fire going in a large stone hearth fireplace. The décor was wooden, decorated to look like a boat’s cabin. There are lots of window overlooking picturesque Perkins Cove. If there had been nicer weather we would have eaten outside on their spacious deck. It’s very touristy inside, but still familiar and comforting at the same time. It’s not a sit down fancy sea food restaurant. It is a traditional New England seafood restaurant where you order your food at the counter, get a number and find a seat.
I grew up in New England and the one thing you can’t get anywhere else is good fresh clams. The one thing I look forward to every summer when I return is steamed clams. Dip them in broth and then melted butter, delicious. Billy’s clams were excellent. Their Chowder was good, not the best I’ve had, but tasty. The food is a little pricey, but everything we got was very good. When you go to Billy’s you’re paying for the location, the scenery and the ambiance. Was it the best food we had in Maine? No, but it was one of the most enjoyable meals we had there. You have to go next door to Billy’s Etc. to get more variety and their fried seafood. Billy’s in known for their rum punch. My mother has been going to there for years trying to figure out the recipe. When we told our waiter that story he shared some of the secret recipe with us. It made my Mom’s day.

• Visited June 2013
River Vale, New Jersey
“SEAFOOD TREASURE!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2013

THIS is the reason you came to Maine .. dive in and savor the laid back method in which they ready your selection ... You wait in line up front .. then they prepare it and deliver to your table... superbly cooked lobster, clams, mussels, fish .. it's all here. Enjoy!

Visited June 2013