“Very Disappointed!”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed November 15, 2012

Barnacle Billy's used to be good...but not anymore.
Food was not that good at all. Clam Chowder used to be the best there, but watered down incredibly!
Service was not that good, either.
Had to wait 20 minutes, and why? Don't know! When we finally got seated, there were many vacant tables in the restaurant.
Sorry, Billy, your restaurant needs some work!

1  Thank horatio71
Write a ReviewReviews (1,406)

Reviewed November 14, 2012

I met my friend in Maine ( I live in NY) who had flown out from Alaska and we enjoyed a beautiful walk on the path along the Ogunquit beach and stopped to eat at the nicer restaurant for a beautiful lobster dinner with a great view of the harbor on a sunny fall day. The service was great and the fresh Lobster was Perfect ! I look forward to the next time I go to Maine.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Rum punch and lobster don't get any better than this! Great casual atmosphere, expert preparation, good service.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Lovely setting in Perkins Cove we chose the etc restaurant rather than the original which is a little bit more 'self service'. We ate lobster which was lovely and the service was good but the views of the harbour and Perkins Cove setting was the show stopper!

Reviewed November 4, 2012

The food was absolutely delicious - never had Maine lobster before! The service was pretty good, too. I'll definitely be visiting when it opens in the spring again.