“Good food, but you will wait for a table.”
Review of Egg & I

Egg & I
Ranked #23 of 98 Restaurants in Ogunquit
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Utica, New York
“Good food, but you will wait for a table.”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Loved the menu choices; different foods. I recommend the Almond Joy pancake--delicious! You get big portions, so beware. You will almost always have to wait for a table, but if you go in the off hours, maybe not. Service was kinda slow, as well.

Visited August 2013

Colchester, Vermont
“Cash only biz slings fine grub”
Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

The Egg and I is not fancy or pretty, but it's eggscellent! Fluffy blueberry pancakes ( that you have to pay extra for real maple syrup) are fantastic. The paying for maple syrup part is irritating. It's Maine. The place is dripping with it. But I'll look the other way because the service is good and the food is great. You have to wait on benches outside to get in...there's always a line. But it's worth the wait. Bring cash. They don't take plastic.

Visited September 2013
Peterborough, New Hampshire
“Good breakfast”
Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

When we saw the group of people waiting outside here we assumed it was going to be so busy we wouldn't be able to get in. Surprisingly our party of six was seated in just fifteen minutes on a busy Saturday morning. The service was not so great, and our server forgot to bring us our drinks until after our meal was served. The food itself was great and filling. I will be back next time I'm in Ogunquit.

• Visited August 2013
Sherbrooke, Quebec, Canada
“Dissapointed”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

We often saw many people waiting outside to be seated at Egg & I, so we decided to try it, and we were disappointed. The waiter looked annoyed and we did not get enough to eat. After leaving the restaurant, we were still hungry. Also, menu lacks... fruits !!! Do americans eat fruits for breakfast ? I ordered french toasts with blueberries, and I got french toasts with blueberry pie filling on top, no sign of fresh fruits whatsoever (but the pie filling was very good). This is one of the poorest breakfast restaurant I've ever been in my life.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank starfrit
potsdam NY
“Good breakfast”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

We loved the extensive menu...I got the Lobster Benedict...was OK glad I tried it... I would not order again as lobster leftover is not the tastiest... and the rest was good including good fresh strong coffee. Super clean in there and super friendly. Spacious and the menu has lots to chose from!

Visited August 2013