“OUTSTANDING MEAL”
Review of Five-O Shore Road

Five-O Shore Road
Reserve with OpenTable
Five-O Shore Road is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 101 Restaurants in Ogunquit
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions, Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: School Street
Transit: Along Trolley Line – Shore Road
Reviewed July 31, 2014

On a busy July Saturday evening, we had not thought to make any advance dinner reservations (there were 3 of us). We walked into the restaurant, which was bustling, and were advised of a 20-minute wait. After being seated outside on this lovely evening, there is nothing negative to report. All of our various appetizers and dinners were outstanding in terms of presentation, quality, and flavor. Our waitress could not have been more pleasant, and the pacing of our dinners was equally good. We had been to this restaurant about 4 years earlier and thought it to be "better than average" at that time, but this visit was truly an outstanding experience from beginning to end. I can completely recommend this restaurant with no trace of doubt -- I cannot wait to return for dinner there in the future.

2  Thank travelinfool99
Write a ReviewReviews (1,069)

Reviewed July 30, 2014

The food is delicious. Too bad servoce cannot keep up with the food. Appetizers came out before wine, we never got bread, wine was placed accross restaurant and not filled once by waitress (we helped ourselves), no water refills, and waited forever before we finally grabbed another waitress to go find ours for check (we had given up on dessert at this point) and then waited forever for check. Table next to us never got the right coctail. I am mixed... I hate to have other travelers miss this great food, but for the upscale pricepint of the food, I am not sure that this restaurants service is worth the price.

1  Thank AEFH
Reviewed July 29, 2014

My husband and I were in town for one night. We were able to get a last minute reservation and were so happy we did. Our server was Lisa and she took great care of us. Unfortunately we had eaten a late lunch so we were not able to eat everything we wanted to off the menu. The trio of olive tapenade, Gorgonzola butter and olive oil with bread was delicious. All of the small plates we ordered were great especially the red pepper crostini. The heirloom tomato salad was one of the best I have had with the introduction of green tomatoes and pine nuts.

Reviewed July 29, 2014

Love this bar, delicious cocktails and apps! Enjoyed the atmosphere and could talk with friends without having to yell over music. Service was great and it is in a great location.

1  Thank Nielsen00
Reviewed July 29, 2014

Stopped by five-o for a quick bite late in the afternoon. Had one of the best bloody marys ever. Got a few of the "small bites" from the bar menu. The Artihoke Arancini with whipped got cheese were excellent and the mushroom/leek ragout was AMAZING. I ordered a second order and probably could have eaten a gallon of it!
Will definately come back on my next trip to Ogunquit!