“The "must try" restaurant in Ogunquit”
Review of Five-O Shore Road

Five-O Shore Road
Reserve with OpenTable
Five-O Shore Road is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 101 Restaurants in Ogunquit
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: School Street
Transit: Along Trolley Line – Shore Road
Reviewed April 21, 2013

We have been going to Ogunquit, often 2-3 times a season for over 10 years. This is the best restaurant in southern coastal Maine and is on our "to do" list every year for its consistently great food and service. There is a good selection of choices, from meat to vegan/vegetarian, so everyone can find something to eat there. It is right in downtown Ogunquit where parking can be challenging in season and on the weekends, but they typically have valet parking during the summer.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,071)

Reviewed April 16, 2013

TheTuscan Wine dinner at Five-0 was much anticipated by me. Much of the staff and management went on a trip to Tuscany while Five-0 was closed closed for winter recess. It was there that Chef Walter spent time with Michelin star Richard Titi of Il Falconiere. Chef Walter brought home some ideas and recipes for those attending to enjoy. And enjoy we did. The evening started out with prosecco in the lounge along with many wonderful munchies for us to enjoy. We were then ushered to the dining room to take our seats and were served Arancino, a rolled risotto and ragu filling that was lightly fried. It was simple and delicious. The wine distributor
representative, Gary explained we were in for an amazing treat with the chosen selections that were paired to our courses. He was si right. The first official course was a soup course of Tomato and bread with Felsina extra virgin olive oil. Five-0 purchased 500 bottles of the 2000 bottles produced and use it exclusively at the restaurant. It was so smooth. The wine pairing was a Chianti that work so well with the Zuppa. Next we were treated to not one but two life altering pasta courses served family style. I was so relieved because I wanted both types and I couldn't decide which one and I got both anyway. Such a relief. Baby spinach dumplings in stewed tomato sauce was light and so tasty. The Pici Alla Nana, a braised rabbit in red wine sauce with thick rolled noodles was out of this world. Served with Felsina Berardegna Chianti Classico Reserva that brought both pastas together. Just wonderful. The entre choices were Local cod roasted with swiss chard, chanterelles and spring onion or Slow roasted pork shoulder with juniper and new potato. Fortunately, my wife Linda and I have a strategy that works well. We order one of each entre and try each other's. The wine served was Felsina Rancia Chianti Classico Reserva and it was a perfect choice for the entres. I forgot to mention there was an apricot sorbet served right after the pasta course that was just right. Lastly we were served Villa Donna Lambrusco wine and a ice cold limoncello to go with a beautifully presented trio of dessert, fried pastry with ricotta, apple pie and sorbetto. All house made, all delicious. I can't emphasize enough, what a fantastic experience the wine dinners at Five-0 are. The owner, Donato spreads his love of food and people throughout the dining room. He is genuinely so proud of the entire staff and truly believes they are what makes Five-0 so special. Everyone of the staff helps to make it one of the most welcoming places to dine I have ever been to. It feels like you are having dinner at one of your best friends and with all of your friends. Treat yourself to an evening of great dining and go to one of Five-0's wine dinner. You will be happy to come back over and over again.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

I've been to OGT dozens of times and just didn't get there until now. Great quality, friendly service. Yes, it's pricey, but worth it.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

Five-O is quiet, nicely-lit, and the service was attentive without being intrusive. The menu has intriguing combinations and ingredients - for example my salmon was served over caramelized bok choy, and the green salad involved pears and pecans. Everything was delicious, including a small but exquisite serving of chocolate lava cake!

Reviewed February 24, 2013

There are window seats facing the main road which in February didn't have much action but probably makes for good people watching in summer. The room was warm and pleasant in winter despite howling winds outside. It looked like the windows open in summer? My husband had a vegetable lasagna with a tarragon sauce that was absolutely divine. I had a chicken entree that was quite good. The chocolate lava cake was good but not especially so. However, the gelato was excellent and apparently made next door. The service was very attentive. We didn't have any drinks but we did both have appetizers and split the dessert. The tab was about $81 with tax and tip.

2  Thank islandgirl88

Been to Five-O Shore Road? Share your experiences!