“Best meal on our trip”

Jonathan's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Jonathan's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 98 Restaurants in Ogunquit
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Main Street
Transit: Jonathan's is on the Ogunquit Trolley Route!
Description: Casual, Fine Dining at its best! Serving the local and traveling public for nearly four decades! Focus on local, farm grown products from Jonathan's farm in South Berwick, Maine and using local seafood. We are a full service restaurant for families, couples, friends, parties, weddings, conferences and concerts!
Los Angeles, California
“Best meal on our trip”
Reviewed October 24, 2013

This very well may have been my favorite meal all week long. The restaurant was really pretty- we had a table by the windows and looked out on a lovely, magical garden. My husband had a steak and it was amazing. I decided try fish and chips, even though I am not a big fan of fish and the Haddock was sooo good! I could eat it even without the batter. It was so fresh and delicious. I highly recommend both the steak and the fish.

Visited October 2013

Georgia VT
“Nice atmosphere”
Reviewed October 23, 2013

This was our second visit and not our last. Being near the Ogunquit Playhouse it tends to be crowded with theater goers. On this visit a busload of people drove in right behind us but it did not prevent us from being seated promptly. We were offered two choices and decided on the lounge which has only three tables along with bar seating. The bartender/waiter was attentive and did not rush us even though the restaurant was full. My swordfish Francaise was delicious and the Manhattan was generous.

Boston, Massachusetts
“first time”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

This was our first visit to Jonathans but it won't be our last. It is our new favorite restaurant in Ogunquit. The place was booked, but it was our anniversary and they not only managed to fit us in, they gave us a wonderful table near the piano player. The food was superb and the atmosphere was lovely. I started with a terrific French onion soup and my husband had the chowder-both some of the best we have ever had. Then I had a lobster-it is Maine- and he had the grilled swordfish -which was excellent. Just a wonderful time. Thank you Larry for being so accommodating.

Visited October 2013
Utica, New York
“Lobster + Entertainment + Martinis”
Reviewed October 17, 2013

When we walked in, we weren't convinced we should stay for dinner, even though we had reservations...... so we opted to go to the bar for a while, which was a good experience. There was some country entertainment which just helped us to ease up a bit after a long day of driving. The appetizer & drinks, including my martini, were excellent......convincing us to stay for dinner.

Dinner was quite nice facing toward a lighted garden area, which was sort of ending due to the time of year (October), but still better than a blank wall. A nice rather private table, twin lobsters at a very reasonable price with sides. It was nice, very casual and very relaxing. A good, casual place to go, but don't have extremely high expectations or you might be a little disappointed.

Tucson, Arizona
“Live Shows at Jonathan's Ogunquit - a Real Treat!”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

I have to admit this is not a review of the restaurant itself, but a review of the concert venue and shows that Jonathan's sponsors most weekends. Let me say this - you are missing out on a real opportunity to experience live music in what has to be one of the most intimate settings in the area. Above the restaurant is a marvelous area devoted to visiting live acts - comedy, singers, music etc. For example, twice this summer we went to see Suede there, the awesome jazz singer that just sweeps you away with her gorgeous voice and music. Her bass and piano accompanists are fantastic and the trio provide top flight performances. As I said, the venue is perfect for live music - no one is too far from the stage and the acoustics are almost flawless. We always take advantage of the special ticket specials and enjoy a dessert and coffee before the show. The bar is available before the show and the drinks well made. Jonathan's is a real gem and those of us who go regularly encourage everyone reading this to visit when in the area. No one can get enough live music.