“I'm making a mistake!”

Jonathan's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Jonathan's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 101 Restaurants in Ogunquit
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Main Street
Transit: Jonathan's is on the Ogunquit Trolley Route!
Description: Casual, Fine Dining at its best! Serving the local and traveling public for nearly four decades! Focus on local, farm grown products from Jonathan's farm in South Berwick, Maine and using local seafood. We are a full service restaurant for families, couples, friends, parties, weddings, conferences and concerts!
Reviewed June 17, 2013

The wife's birthday dinner restaurant was chosen at random. Jonathan's offered an intriguing vegetarian dish and I decided to try it-"with the goat cheese on the side". The waitress was the most polite person you could imagine and explained that the chef thought it may detract from my enjoyment of the food if I had the goat cheese "on the side". They were right. This restaurant surprised me at the fabulous caring to please their customers. Not only was the food superb and I do mean superb but the service was as well. Ten stars out of five. Atmosphere was very good as well-I heard the entire conversation we had. The bonus is that is right next door to the playhouse!

2  Thank fjkrolikowski875

Reviewed June 16, 2013

Our group was looking for a place to accommodate dinner for 22 as part of a school reunion.
Jonathan's provided us with a private dining room. The was table was set with linen cloths and napkins, service was very good, and the food excellent.
I'd heard many raves about this place and was not disappointed. We were not rushed and had an enjoyable evening. Definitely would return.

1  Thank Beanie004
Reviewed June 12, 2013

With no dinner plans for Mother's Day, we ventured to Ogunquit for the day. We called Jonathan's, after hearing great reviews from our friends, and were lucky enough to get a reservation. We were instantly surprised at the service from the time we arrived. Everything we ordered was exceptional (fried calamari, mushrooms, Caesar Salad, lobster special & baked stuffed haddock). Our waiter, Ryan, was incredible, especially with the preparation of our table-side Caesar Salad which brought us back to an experience we had more than 30 years ago in a very high-end restaurant (and mastered for our own enjoyment). It's not authentic Caesar if it's not made in a well aged wood bowl with egg and anchovies and Jonathan's has figured this out. The experience was so impressive, we will be going back for Father's day.

2  Thank Chris S
Reviewed June 7, 2013

After going to the Ogunquit playhouse for their matinee, decided to check out this restaurant for the 1st time. Nice touches were linen table clothes and napkins, tables spaced nicely apart and we were seated in the room with a view of the garden. As others have stated we were assigned two waitstaff... Wine choices were very good... Two things then happened back to back that seemed very peculiar...we were served a complimentary demitasse of cold, partly pureed, soup...without spoons! Too thick/chunky to drink...and awkward!!! My first request was for a spoon. Next arrived nice warm bread... without butter! We waited a bit but when none was offered...my second request! [the table next to our asked for the same things!!!] I had a house salad which was good but not unusual. I ordered the grilled salmon which was accompanied by mashed potatoes and shoestring zucchini? I enjoyed the salmon, cooked just the way I requested it....but neither of the vegetables were unique or flavorful so I didn't eat either after tasting. My friend ordered oysters on the half shell which she said was very good. Her choice of steak tips were over-cooked as she requested rare but more came out medium...good flavor and grilled veggies were fine. Our chosen dessert was creme brulee...very good. A good dinner but not exceptional. My entree was $25 as was my friend's choice... the menu is a la carte.
As an aside... wait staff should be reminded not to touch the patrons. It's not being snobbish... but both of us were uncomfortable that our male waiter repeatedly laid his hand on our shoulder or upper arm when attending us...

1  Thank Nanasues
Reviewed June 4, 2013

The food was outstanding, I had the maple salmon and my husband had the spicy lamb sausage pasta, both were beautifully prepared, our servers Ray and Lisa were very attentive but not overbearing, we definitely will go back.