“ALWAYS DELICIOUS!”

Jonathan's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Jonathan's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 97 Restaurants in Ogunquit
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Main Street
Transit: Jonathan's is on the Ogunquit Trolley Route!
Description: Casual, Fine Dining at its best! Serving the local and traveling public for nearly four decades! Focus on local, farm grown products from Jonathan's farm in South Berwick, Maine and using local seafood. We are a full service restaurant for families, couples, friends, parties, weddings, conferences and concerts!
York Beach, Maine
“ALWAYS DELICIOUS!”
Reviewed June 26, 2012

Jonathan's is so consistent in terms of delicious food and outstanding service. The last time we visited there was Mother's Day and one member of our party was running late by about an hour. The server was so accommodating, not pressuring us at all. We enjoyed drinks and appetizers while we waited. The fried calamari appetizer was outstanding and could definitely serve as an appetizer for four people. Entrees and desserts were great as well. I would recommend Jonathan's if you are looking for a casually elegant restaurant with top notch food and service.

• Visited May 2012

Warwick, RI
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent experience and excellent food-Our Anniversary Dinner 6/21/12”
Reviewed June 23, 2012

My husband and I went to Jonathan's to celebrate our 38th wedding anniversary, We did not have reservations but were seated within 2 minutes. The host and wait staff were excellent.
I got the martini with elderberry,Ryan my waiter, recommended as I was trying to decide between two it was very good, thanks, Ryan. We were suprised when we were served carrot ginger soup with our bread. The soup was delicious and had wonderful taste and the bread was great and warm.My husband and I both enjoy lobster, but I did not feel like cracking the shells as it can get messy. We both decided on the poached lobster dinner. It was excellent, cooked to perfection, melt in your mouth lobster. The sides were also excellent the mashed potatoes were great and the vegetables were fresh and cooked to perfection a great combination.We don't usually get dessert, but it was our anniversary and we were celebrating.
I ordered tarimasu and my husband ordered apple crisp, they were both delicious and a perfect ending to a wonderful meal. I even had the waitress take our photo. Thanks, Jill.
I became curious about Jonathan from things I read on the menu and asked if he was there. My waitress, Jill said she saw him in the front earlier. As I worked my way toward the entrance I asked the host if Jonathan was in and he stated, yes right in this room. Jonathan came out of his office he was very friendly and hospitable. We spoke for a few minutes about his elderberrys and his homestead, I told him how we totally enjoyed our experience at his restaurant and how excellent the food was and that we were celebrating our 38th wedding anniversary.
Jonathan, I want you to know and everyone that reads this that I will definately recommend your restaurant to everyone I know that visits Maine.
Excellent and unforgetable.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank vacationfun23
Calera, Oklahoma
“Very nice place to dine.”
Reviewed June 22, 2012

I only had the house salad because I wasn't feeling well. My wife had the salmon and she loved it. It's casual wear but it is a fancy place..

Visited June 2012
Manheim, Pennsylvania, United States
“The extra mile”
Reviewed June 21, 2012

We arrived just before Jonathan's closed from the Meadowmere Resort after a long10 hours in the car- they remained open for us and served a fine seafood chowder & fresh whole lobster. We had the restaurant to ourselves & never felt pressured to "hurry it up". Friendly & courteous- class act.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank Steve B
Acton, Massachusetts
“Expect a pleasant experience”
Reviewed June 21, 2012

Last summer I wrote a critical review after an unfortunate episode when our reservation for a family party of eight was fouled up. While that was disappointing, I was impressed to receive a call on my mobile phone a few days later from Larry, the general manager, who apologized and said he agreed with my review, in spite of insisting that it was very out of character for the restaurant. We're in Ogunquit often throughout the year, and went to Jonathan's for dinner after a Playhouse matinee last week. Wonderful time! Excellent meal, great service, and live jazz--what's not to like? We also had a chance to tell Larry in person that our evening was a complete success. Jonathan's deserves its high rating.

• Visited June 2012