“Favorite meal of our trip!”
Review of Gypsy Sweethearts

Gypsy Sweethearts
Ranked #45 of 98 Restaurants in Ogunquit
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Haverhill, Massachusetts
“Favorite meal of our trip!”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

I ate here with my husband for dinner one night of our mini-honeymoon. We decided to eat here because the outdoor patio looked really nice and the menu was interesting. Everything was great - service, food, atmosphere. Our waiter was a great help in deciding what to get. My favorites were the potato gnocchi and the grilled corn. The atmosphere was relaxed with flowers everywhere. It was a perfect way to end our trip!

New Hampshire
“Take Out”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

I ordered for take out and ate elsewhere but I did go in and the atmosphere was awesome and I got the Potato Gnocchi's and they were delicious, keep in mind they are small plates so don't expect a lot of food. I did enjoy the amount that I got and they were absolutely delicious! I loved them and it was great for dinner! As I waited for my food (which was my own fault I arrived early anyways) I was asked multiple times if I needed anything and I was checked on multiple times. Here you are going to be well taken care of and you are in nice hands! Everyone was so sweet and I loved the feel of the place! I hope to be able to eat in there soon maybe even on the screened in outdoor porch!

New York
“Inedible”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

OK, not completely inedible. Started with the grilled romaine salad which was actually pretty decent. All downhill from there. We ordered an assortment of 'tapas', one worse than the next. The burger tasted like a cheap frozen patty, charred over an open flame, like I used to enjoy at daycamp as a child. The fries were cold, thin and hard, as though they had been cooked hours earlier. The corn was a 'mush' consistency. The lobster tacos were OK, and the skewered scallops were OK as well, just undercooked. The tiny glass of ice tea was filled from top to bottom with ice, and a few tablespoons of tea.
We actually went to McDonalds after our meal, to have some decent fries....a palate cleanser, so to speak.

New York City, New York
“Wonderful Outdoor Dining Experience”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

This restaurant always satisfies both big plates and small. The mussels and the crab cake appetizers were great. The grilled romaine salad is excellent and the almond crusted haddock entree is a favorite. The rack of lamb was cooked perfectly...a must for meat lovers. Service was friendly and efficient and the opportunity to eat outdoors really enhanced the dining experience. Highly recommend this eatery for visitors to Ogunquit, Maine.

Paris, France
“A great tradition”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

We go every year to Gypsy Sweethearts the first night in town. They offer small plates as well as larger entrees. It's great fun to have several small plates to experience the chef's gift for blending various spices. This year included mussels in broth, lobster tacos, goat cheese salad with raspberries.....all were delicious.

Visited August 2013