“Take Out”

Ranked #49 of 101 Restaurants in Ogunquit
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 22, 2013

I ordered for take out and ate elsewhere but I did go in and the atmosphere was awesome and I got the Potato Gnocchi's and they were delicious, keep in mind they are small plates so don't expect a lot of food. I did enjoy the amount that I got and they were absolutely delicious! I loved them and it was great for dinner! As I waited for my food (which was my own fault I arrived early anyways) I was asked multiple times if I needed anything and I was checked on multiple times. Here you are going to be well taken care of and you are in nice hands! Everyone was so sweet and I loved the feel of the place! I hope to be able to eat in there soon maybe even on the screened in outdoor porch!

Reviewed August 20, 2013

OK, not completely inedible. Started with the grilled romaine salad which was actually pretty decent. All downhill from there. We ordered an assortment of 'tapas', one worse than the next. The burger tasted like a cheap frozen patty, charred over an open flame, like I used to enjoy at daycamp as a child. The fries were cold, thin and hard, as though they had been cooked hours earlier. The corn was a 'mush' consistency. The lobster tacos were OK, and the skewered scallops were OK as well, just undercooked. The tiny glass of ice tea was filled from top to bottom with ice, and a few tablespoons of tea.
We actually went to McDonalds after our meal, to have some decent fries....a palate cleanser, so to speak.

1  Thank dankny
Reviewed August 16, 2013

This restaurant always satisfies both big plates and small. The mussels and the crab cake appetizers were great. The grilled romaine salad is excellent and the almond crusted haddock entree is a favorite. The rack of lamb was cooked perfectly...a must for meat lovers. Service was friendly and efficient and the opportunity to eat outdoors really enhanced the dining experience. Highly recommend this eatery for visitors to Ogunquit, Maine.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

We go every year to Gypsy Sweethearts the first night in town. They offer small plates as well as larger entrees. It's great fun to have several small plates to experience the chef's gift for blending various spices. This year included mussels in broth, lobster tacos, goat cheese salad with raspberries.....all were delicious.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

Gypsy's ia always consistent. I love the almond encrusted haddock. Tony the owner is always friendly and gracious he knows all his regulars. It is a wonderful spot for a realxing deliciuos dinner nice and quiet .

Been to Gypsy Sweethearts? Share your experiences!