“Good but very pricey” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ogunquit Lobster Pound Restaurant

Ogunquit Lobster Pound Restaurant
Ranked #16 of 97 Restaurants in Ogunquit
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Belmont, New Hampshire
“Good but very pricey”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

My wife and I stopped by this place on a visit to the coast. We had never stopped here before but decided to give it a try. It is a very unusual restaurant building, perhaps designed more for capacity than ambiance. It has a dark log lodge feel perhaps a bit dated.

To pick your lobster, you go outside to the lobster tank and tell the cooks what you would like for a lobster or clams. They take your table number and when it is ready they bring it in for you. The shells are pre-cracked for you to make removing the meat easy. Unfortunately, the sides were delivered by the server a few minutes before my lobster arrived. I ended up eating my sides before the lobster actually arrived. Then once my lobster arrived, I had to flag down my waitress that seemed to have disappeared for a few minutes to get the melted butter for the lobster meat. The lobster was cooked perfectly and the meat was exceptionally sweet.

My wife had baked stuffed shrimp which she told me was very good. She also had lobster bisque, which I sampled and it tasted very good. My appetizer was very good. So my overall opinion of the food was very good and the service was good. We did not have drinks but our total bill including the tip for the two of us was over $100 and this is during the off-season.

If you are willing for part with over $100 for two people without drinks, you can probably dine in a more upscale restaurant than this one.

• Visited April 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank NHDave

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best we had in Maine”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

Went last weekend, and had a great time. Our server clued us in on how to pick out our lobsters, and they took care of the rest. We will definitely be going back next time in Ogunquit.

Visited April 2013
Beverly, Massachusetts
“Yummy, but needs some sprucing up”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2013

Delicious food and attentive service. Had the lazy lobster and loved it. Atmosphere is dated (it has an old fashioned beach restaurant feel from 20 years ago) and detracted from the experience considering the prices paid for the food.

Visited March 2013
Winchendon, Massachusetts
“Fun but $”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

This was a fun place to eat. You can go out to the pound and pick out your lobster. They will even let you have you picture taken with the live lobster:) not a fancy place, but comfortable. Very nice staff. Very good service. Over priced though. But the food is very good.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Sterling, Massachusetts
“Not fine or great dining”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2013

It was like a Denny's with lobster. Kids might enjoy it. Tourist might enjoy the experience of picking their own lobster.

Visited June 2012