“Ogunquit 2014 Trip” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Oarweed Cove Restaurant

Oarweed Cove Restaurant
Ranked #33 of 97 Restaurants in Ogunquit
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Scenic view, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Sudbury, MA
“Ogunquit 2014 Trip”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2014

We just love the view from outside (even if folks walk by constantly and stare at what you are eating, can't account for poor manners!). Simple food is just what we want here, I always get lobster, my kids love the mac and cheese and hotdog kids meals.

Visited July 2014

Boston, Massachusetts
“The Best Shore Dinner Around and View”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2014

The Oarweed Cove Restaurant not only has the best shore dinner around but also the best view. My wife and I have been going to this restaurant for 43 years and have brought our 3 children since they little kids. We all keep coming back because it is our favorite restaurant in Southern Maine. It's has great food, a wonderful staff and parking to make it easy. If you haven't been to the Oarweed Cove Restaurant yet put it on the top of your list for the next time your in the area you won't be disappointed.

Visited July 2014
Valparaiso, Indiana
“Nothing Fried... nothing gained”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2014

After back to back to back fried clam meals, we wanted to try Oarwoods who has no fried foods on their menu. They also don't take reservations, which was perfect for us since we never knew when the dinner bell would ring for us. We just had a couple of their large dinner salads; with a blueberry pie ala mode for dessert. It was tasty and the view of the cove with the tide going out was memorable.

I would recommend you take mosquito spray.. we were in the building that is open-air seating and there were a lot of them buzzing around. Service was excellent.

• Visited August 2014
York, Maine
“Gotta try the crab melt”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2014

As a local, we thought asking an opinion of someone who works in the immediate area about this place would be a safe bet and we were glad we did! Unfortunately, some reviewers are jaded resulting in an inaccurate review. Had I followed the reviews, we wouldn't have tried this place for the first time. As I said, we are locals. As locals, we don't get out much due to the high tourist traffic and we can buy fantastic food and make it best at home. It's tough to impress me. I was impressed with the crab melt. It wasn't too fishy. Very tasty. We also had crab cakes and a fish sandwich. Both were very good, but the crab melt was definitely the best. Now, keep in mind it's not cheap, but you get what you pay for. There is real crab meat in the melt and the crab cakes without much filler. Everything is perfectly cooked/grilled. Add some fresh lemon to the crab cakes and dip in the sauce and it makes your eyes roll. The fish sandwich was perfectly cooked as well. Oh, and let's not forget the blueberry pie a la mode! We never get dessert, but we were referred to their desserts as being some of the best and it was. Some things are not homemade, which was fine by us, because you can tell they focus on the more important items, which are all homemade. Well balanced. Oh and one more thing......the staff was incredibly nice! They were warm, welcoming, had smiles on their faces, attentive, etc. Well done!!

• Visited July 2014
Randolph, New York
“A welcome respit at the end of the Marginal Way”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2014

The Oakweed Cove was a pleasant restaurant with a fantastic ocean view. We were there for lunch after our walk along the Marginal Way...a must do when in Ogunquit. The service was great and the host and waitress were friendly and informative. We had clam chowder and crab rolls which were delicious. I commented to our waitress that I loved the oyster crackers that I had been served several times since in Maine and asked if they could be purchase at local grocery stores. She wasn't sure but brought me several packets to take with me. (I did find a place to buy them on line--delicious, crunchie and they don't get soggy). Always great to have a waitress who goes the extra mile.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Been to Oarweed Cove Restaurant? Share your experiences!