“Great Food Great Atmosphere”

Roost Cafe and Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Roost Cafe and Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 100 Restaurants in Ogunquit
Cuisines: International
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Ledge Road
Description: A warm and welcoming Cafe and Bistro where our philosophy is hand-crafted, a la minute entrees and appetizers that are exquisite, yet affordable. We pride ourselves on classical cooking techniques with contemporary flavors and creations that are perfect for a bistro. Our Summer hours are as follows: Breakfast/Lunch/Brunch: 8 am - 2 pm Pub Fare: 2 pm - 9 pm Dinner: 5 pm - 9pm
Reviewed September 1, 2014

We ate at the bar at the Roost and had an excellent meal and enjoyed the quiet (only one TV at the bar and it wasn't on) somewhat romantic atmosphere. It was a change of pace from the other tourist restaurants. The meals had a cuban influence, full of flavor.
Great bartender, he made the best manhattan my boyfriend has ever had.
Would not bring my kids.

Reviewed August 30, 2014

A group of four of us went to Roost this evening- a very expensive mistake. The wait-staff is excellent but the chef should be "chopped." Gnocchi and Lobster app was served cold. We let it go. Main entrée was seared scallops... all four of us ordered the same thing. All four plates were cold. Nothing seared about it. Not just the scallops but everything on the plate. Sent everything back and the chef returned the food- still cold!! At least this time it was served on a hot plate. Waitress was very professional. Offered a free desert but at $38/plate this was not much of a consolation prize. Ordered a pizza at Napoli's and the night was saved!!

3  Thank Brian2013Travel
Reviewed August 28, 2014

I had a very negative and disturbing experience at Roost and called the next day to pass along the details. While I had a very thoughtful first conversation with one of the owners (who, I'll admit, promptly called me back), he went on to "investigate" the details. I received one of the craziest, nastiest and completely out of bounds email I've ever gotten. It was seriously disturbing and fully explained the treatment we'd received in the restaurant, i.e., it's clearly the culture there.

2  Thank Melinda K
Reviewed August 26, 2014

Do not take your family with kids here, they are not welcome. We actually withdrew our order and left because we had been made to feel so nervous and uncomfortable about having 3 normal-behaving 6 year olds in our party of 6. First, upon arrival at the table, our server waved his hand at in a downward motion at me to tell me to get them to talk more quietly. Then he "offered" to seat us in a dark, empty, closed dining room in the back of the restaurant rather than the window table we were already at. We had brought coloring to keep the kids busy and had them put the paper on top of the menus to protect the tablecloth, because by then we were so nervous about "misbehaving" and being unwelcome. The last straw was when he took the menus away from them and said "let's just not have any coloring." Now I was angry at these unreasonable expectations --the kids should just sit quietly and do nothing -- and that's when we decided it was best for everyone if we went elsewhere. I have eaten in other nice, upscale restaurants with kid(s) and never, ever been treated this way. I don't know if it's the stance of the restaurant or just our server, who was snooty and mean from the get-go about this and other matters.

4  Thank M N
Reviewed August 24, 2014

Food was ok, not a great for the price. Atmosphere & decor was a little darker than I would have liked. Staff was nice & accommodating.