“ordered French wine but served New Zealand wine and not told”

Roost Cafe and Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Roost Cafe and Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 100 Restaurants in Ogunquit
Cuisines: International
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Ledge Road
Description: A warm and welcoming Cafe and Bistro where our philosophy is hand-crafted, a la minute entrees and appetizers that are exquisite, yet affordable. We pride ourselves on classical cooking techniques with contemporary flavors and creations that are perfect for a bistro. Our Summer hours are as follows: Breakfast/Lunch/Brunch: 8 am - 2 pm Pub Fare: 2 pm - 9 pm Dinner: 5 pm - 9pm
Reviewed October 15, 2013

My husband and I had a lovely dinner at roost Sunday evening Oct. 13. I ordered a French Sauvignon Blanc, which I enjoyed and asked for name from waitress. Later when I asked for wine year, she came back and said we were not serving the French that evening and I had been served a New Zealand wine instead. I called the owner over and was given quite a story on why my wine wasn't French.. I thought I was drinking what I ordered, that was not the case. I do not patronize a restaurant that practices unethical behavior. I will not recommend you based on this bait and switch. I paid for a product a did not receive.

2  Thank d_beesley2013
There are newer reviews for Roost Cafe and Bistro

Reviewed October 14, 2013

One of the most enjoyable meals we had. The food was well prepared, the service was delightful and the place had charm. Dont miss it!

Reviewed October 12, 2013

Restaurant was next to the grand hotel where we were staying. Tried it the first night, and loved it so much we ate the the next. Great, innovative food (special ribs to die for), good service, excellent wine, and pleasant surroundings which felt intimate because the rooms were divided up into smaller elements by screens. Lovely vegetables. Wish I could have managed a desert!

1  Thank Jaxpippa
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Atmosphere OK, nothing special. We ordered the fish and chips and what came was unappetizing (pre frozen???) sweet potato fries and an excessive portion of fish which we could not finish. No coleslaw or tartare sauce. This was not an inexpensive meal and based on this one experience we wouldn't hurry back.

1  Thank Davem_9
Reviewed October 7, 2013

we go every time we are up in Maine. This time we had a bit of a scare as they were not on route one any longer. I called information with my cell to find out they had relocated to Shore Rd. in Ogunquit. Whew what a relief and a long well deserved time coming. Just what we thought it would be had they decided to expand from their smaller tiny bistro. It is charming and much more accommodating. The food goes without mention. We ate breakfast and dinner there. Might we recommend their glazed swordfish dish. However any choice would not disappoint. can't wait to go back. Wish we didn't live so darn far away.

1  Thank albie02

Been to Roost Cafe and Bistro? Share your experiences!