“Small pub feel!”
Review of Annie's Irish Pub - CLOSED

Annie's Irish Pub
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Annie's is a traditional Irish pub owned and managed by Annie who came to Maine from Ireland five years ago.We specialize in Irish hospitality, home cooked Irish food and American favorites. The Guinness is great and we probably have the best Irish whiskey selection in New England.Try our Beer Battered Fish and Chips, Guinness Beef Stew, Bangers and Mash or Shepherd's Pie. Live Irish music every Saturday night at 8 and Sunday at 5. Open Mic on Friday at 7."Great Food, Great Hospitality .... every time", Annie
Reviewed October 22, 2013

We were tired and cranky by the time we got here but the atmosphere put us in a better mood. Excellent beer selection and the usual Irish menu but the quality was good and they even had live music in the back room. We had a great time!

1  Thank lfaulds

Reviewed October 14, 2013

We were excited to find an Irish Pub so close to our hotel, that is until we went in. There was nothing in this pub that could be confused with a traditional Irish Pub. There bar setup was odd to say the least. Those patrons wishing to sit at the bar to the left of the entrance were forced to "suck it in" and attempt to squeeze by the other patrons seated at the seats before you. There was no room for the other patrons to push in order to allow new comers to sit. I was willing to overlook this anomaly until I ordered a Smithwick's. The Barman started to pour my beer and the keg kicked halfway through the pour. I was amazed to see him keep the half he had poured and simply finish the pour when he tapped a new keg. The beer was awful and I was unable to finish it. We might have stayed for an early dinner but I was put off by the atmosphere and the inexplicable beer pour.

1  Thank Anthony W
Reviewed October 9, 2013

We stopped by for Irish music but it was the wrong night. A customer said their finnan haddie was excellent so we went back. We didn't think it was so great but we really liked the hard apple cider. Nice and friendly in bar area. It's a new place run by mother Annie and her daughter. We wish them loads of luck. Husband bought a t shirt that shrunk too small.

1  Thank indeptravelforus
Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I just ate at Anne's and it was wonderful. I had the fish and chips and it was one if the best I have eaten in years. My husband had the Irish stew and he thought is was quite good and would certainly come back again. The atmosphere is great and the staff are excellent. Anne came by to visit our table and she is clearly a very special lady with an authentic Irish flare. If you are in the neighborhood and want an excellent pub for food and drinks, this is the place.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

We miss Ireland so we came to Annie's. had great time, the beer, the live Irish music, the fabulous staff. We loved spending time there. So fun, especially if you are a fan of Ireland like we are!