“terrible atmoshere”
Review of Annie's Irish Pub - CLOSED

Annie's Irish Pub
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Annie's is a traditional Irish pub owned and managed by Annie who came to Maine from Ireland five years ago.We specialize in Irish hospitality, home cooked Irish food and American favorites. The Guinness is great and we probably have the best Irish whiskey selection in New England.Try our Beer Battered Fish and Chips, Guinness Beef Stew, Bangers and Mash or Shepherd's Pie. Live Irish music every Saturday night at 8 and Sunday at 5. Open Mic on Friday at 7."Great Food, Great Hospitality .... every time", Annie
Schenectady, New York
“terrible atmoshere”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

We were excited to find an Irish Pub so close to our hotel, that is until we went in. There was nothing in this pub that could be confused with a traditional Irish Pub. There bar setup was odd to say the least. Those patrons wishing to sit at the bar to the left of the entrance were forced to "suck it in" and attempt to squeeze by the other patrons seated at the seats before you. There was no room for the other patrons to push in order to allow new comers to sit. I was willing to overlook this anomaly until I ordered a Smithwick's. The Barman started to pour my beer and the keg kicked halfway through the pour. I was amazed to see him keep the half he had poured and simply finish the pour when he tapped a new keg. The beer was awful and I was unable to finish it. We might have stayed for an early dinner but I was put off by the atmosphere and the inexplicable beer pour.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Anthony W

Irvine CA
“Great atmosphere”
Reviewed October 9, 2013

We stopped by for Irish music but it was the wrong night. A customer said their finnan haddie was excellent so we went back. We didn't think it was so great but we really liked the hard apple cider. Nice and friendly in bar area. It's a new place run by mother Annie and her daughter. We wish them loads of luck. Husband bought a t shirt that shrunk too small.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank indeptravelforus
San Diego, California
“Wonderful dinner”
Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I just ate at Anne's and it was wonderful. I had the fish and chips and it was one if the best I have eaten in years. My husband had the Irish stew and he thought is was quite good and would certainly come back again. The atmosphere is great and the staff are excellent. Anne came by to visit our table and she is clearly a very special lady with an authentic Irish flare. If you are in the neighborhood and want an excellent pub for food and drinks, this is the place.

Pennsylvania, United States
“Taste of Ireland”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

We miss Ireland so we came to Annie's. had great time, the beer, the live Irish music, the fabulous staff. We loved spending time there. So fun, especially if you are a fan of Ireland like we are!

• Visited September 2013
Chicago, Illinois
“Lousy experience”
Reviewed September 12, 2013

So, full disclosure: my friends and I took this place over and completely overwhelmed the bartender. There were 40 thirsty individuals crowded around the bar and rather than being excited by the business boom the bartender was miserable. I ordered my friend an Old Fashioned and the guy goes "Seriously???" Then I paid for the several drinks I ordered with an open tab and he goes "God, doesn't anybody pay with cash anymore?" I guess paying with a credit card stops him from being able to steal from the bar owner? Anyway, it was not fun, but it was the only place open, so my advice: go to this place in case of a boozing emergency need only.

• Visited September 2013
AnniesIrishPub, Owner at Annie's Irish Pub, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
I remember the exact night that you and your friends visited Annie's Irish Pub when you were in Ogunquit for your friend's wedding. When I read your review last September I was horrified and appalled at the bar tender and level of service and hospitality (or lack of) that you and your group received. I had a situation earlier where I had to discipline this employee but I had not realized that he had effected our clientele to this extent until I read your review.
Following the publication of your review, I terminated this employee's employment with Annie's Irish Pub as his attitude does not match the our company mission.

We offer Irish hospitality at it's best and the type of service and lack of hospitality that was shown to you does not fit with our business model.

We welcome and are open to all business at any time. We love to see people enjoying themselves and pride ourselves in our hospitality and providing a safe and fun loving atmosphere. We stay open late and the staff are there to serve you and ensure that you have a fun filled vacation when you come to Ogunquit and Annie's Irish Pub.
I apologize to you and your friends and want to assure you that we are 100% committed to providing a wonderful fun place for all visitors and locals in Ogunquit.

Annie