“Cold food.” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Inicio Bistro & Bar - CLOSED

Inicio Bistro & Bar
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Inicio Bistro is a quaint summer perch located on the second floor at 237 Main Street in downtown Oqunquit, ME. Our cuisine is predominantly Middle Eastern, Spanish with other world and regional touches. We make our own Hummus tahini, Falafel, Tabouli, and Lamb Meatballs. Our Adalusian White Gazpacho is amazing. Our grill items include - Chorizo Kebobs, Gambas Espana, Black & Blue Salmon, Grilled Hanger with Chimichurri sauce and more. We complement our menu with a tasteful selection of wines, craft & import beers, ciders and spirits from around the globe. We also offer free WiFi and smartphone plugins at the bar.
Sherbrooke, Canada
“Cold food.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

We hate at this place this Labor Day week-end. The service was ok, our waiter had a hard time opening our bottle, so when the wine was poured there was still some cork! The appetizer was good and well seasonned , we had ordered hummus. Our entrees were both cold. My partner had the shrimps and I had the flank steak. All was cold, however my meat was cooked rare as I asked, but it was cold. We will not go back.

• Visited September 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank jojo2005
InicioBistro, General Manager at Inicio Bistro & Bar, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Thank you for visiting our new restaurant. I am sorry that you did not enjoy your experience at Inicio Bistro. We routinely have our food served as soon as it is ready from the grill. Some cool breezes were blowing in our exposed kitchen that evening and we are planning to get warming lamps over our service station to keep the the hot entrees warm until they reach the table. I am glad that you enjoyed the flavor of the hummus which is made fresh here at Inicio Bistro. All the dishes at Inicio have a unique flavor profile and are prepared and/or cooked to order.

Additionally, we do work daily at bettering all aspects of service in our restaurant, and I hope that you would reconsider visiting us the next time you are in Ogunquit.

Upper Jay, New York, United States
“Glad we got back to Ogunquit so we could try this brand new eatery.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2012

My family noted with interest that a new restaurant was going in to a Main Street location which had changed frequently over the years. Inicio, which the sever, after being asked about the restaurant's theme, opening date, etc. told us means, "new start," is an upstairs, open air bistro with a full bar, funky lucite & stainless steel bar tables & stools & a Mediterranean menu. We started with hummus & pita squares which we ordered again since it was so good. I also tried the summer squash soup which was spicy & full of fresh seasonal flavor. We all got kabobs, chicken, lamb and beef. The beef was on the tough side, the lamb taste completely overpowered by lemon, but the chicken was great. All were served on a bed of basamati rice with vegetables. Since the meal was on the light side, we had dessert. A Spanish inspired spicy chocolate mouse, blueberry tart and mango/raspberry pudding. All yummy. Would go again if they are still around next summer.

Boston, Massachusetts
“An Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2012

If you are looking for an experience, not just a meal, then Inicio is for you. There are many good restaraunts in Ogunquit, but Inicio is the cream at the top. Service, excellent (thank you Eric). We chose to eat indoors tonight as it was a bit cool, but look forward to eating on the outdoor roof deck in the future. I first noticed the wonderful selection of classical guitar when we walked in. We ordered the Tempranillo available by glass which by chance is my favorite grape of all. It was very good and everything you should expect in a good Spanish Tempranillo. Now the experience starts. When I say experience I mean that food is not just a meal, not just sustenance, but evokes a feeling, an experience. The White Gezpacho, Strawberry Salad, Grape Leaf Casserole and Back and Blue Salmon were only out done by the Mango and Raspberry Pudding Parfait. Fresh mango and fresh raspberries, unbelievable. The Black and Blue Salmon was not just another blackened fish, there was a flavor to it that I cannot describe, something more than just black pepper. I cannot even begin to describe the Grape Leaf Casserole, it is beyond anything I have I tried in the past.

What a great find. Get there soon before the word gets out on this new top choice in Ogunquit. You will be glad you did.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank D S
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great Dining”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2012

My wife and I went here with some friends and had a lovely dining experience.
The food was well prepared, presented as well as delicious.
The outside eating area is perfect for a warm Summers night.
The staff are very friendly and engaging.

Will definitly be back :)

Visited July 2012
Plympton, Massachusetts, United States
“Inicio Bellisimo”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2012

My friend and I went to Inicio for dinner during their first weekend in business. It was a great experience! We were greeted with a smile at the door and sat outdoors on the terrace balcony. The decor is very contemporary and colorful, yet inviting and warm. We started with an appetizer of Felafel which was so delicious we wanted to order another, but instead moved on to a second course. My friend ordered the Summer Ribbons Salad, a beautiful blend of summer squash and zucchini with carrots all sliced into thin ribbons. The dressing was fabulous and the bonus was the fresh peaches sliced and tossed into the salad. I had the white Gazpacho, so different! It was creamy and just the right degree of tartness. And the presentation was so pretty! Finally I chose the Black & Blue Salmon and my friend had the Grilled Gambas Espana (shrimp). My salmon was a delight for the taste buds. The salmon was perfectly cooked with just the right blackening spices and drizzled with a blue cheese sauce and crumbles. Yum! The shrimp were grilled and served with delicious vegetable medley and rice. We shared bites of everything because it was all too good not to sample it all! Our server was a very sweet girl from Russia and while she was inexperienced, she was very attentive and and brought everything out in a timely manner. The Chef, Jim Migliorini, will surely be recognized as the hottest chef around! He and his brother, Andrew have created a hip culinary haven in a beautiful seaside town. If you are in Ogunquit I highly recommend Inicio Bistro & Bar.

• Visited August 2012