“All in all this is a 4 star Inn resting almost over the water”
Review of Above Tide Inn

Above Tide Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ogunquit
Above Tide Inn
Ranked #21 of 26 Ogunquit B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 12, 2012

My wife and I took a short two night break and stayed at this Inn as we have many times in past years but not for the last three years. Nothing has changed. It is very conveniently located on the edge of the river inlet and faces the ocean and the river side beach. It is a 5 minute walk to the main beach straight ahead passing by very nice breakfast, luncheon,dining and sundry places right off the beach. There are small rooms and larger rooms and some with two bedrooms all with a deck out in front of the rooms. It is also only a 5 minute walk to the center of town with all the shops. The amenities include all your basics for an Inn in Me. nothing fancy but very pleasant and clean. Coffee, juice and cake are available in the Office around 7am to get you started. And, the coffee is good as is the cake.
The resident owners, in the summer time, have their own house next to the Inn and are very pleasant when you are. Just remember, you are at Me. Inn and not a luxury NY hotel.

Room Tip: The front rooms on the water are generally preferred but the sun rises in the east and may disturb y...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank John and Judy M
abovetideinn, Owner at Above Tide Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2012

Thank you for the kind words. Guests like these make innkeeping a joy!

Reviewed June 28, 2012

I stayed there for 3 nights and would never return. The mattress must had been 20 years old at least, the bedsheet was very thin, no shampoo, no hairdryer, the soap bar is a very thin, decor is very ''kitsch'', everything about this place is UGLY. The breakfast consist of a piece of cake, bad coffee and bad orange juice.
The owner collects all the money when you come in... it's a good thing for him because once we see the accomodations you simply want to leave this place ASAP.
You simply feel you've been taken advantage of.....that's how I felt.
Anyhow, if you still want to go at this well located inn, bring your soap, shampoo, cream, hairdryer and pillow..........it's lke going camping at $255.00 per night..........

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
5  Thank FrancineDMontreal
Management response:Responded June 29, 2012

This review truly makes me wonder about the usefulness of TripAdvisor. We checked in daily with the two female guests, one of whom wrote this review, and they told us each day that they were having a wonderful time. Not at any point did either woman complain about our property or amenities.

Our beds were custom made for us less than ten years ago and are made to feel firm. Each morning we provide a light continental breakfast that is homemade and most of our guests compliment the cakes and coffee. As far as our rates go, we are on the water and our rates are a great deal lower than places like the Norseman, which is on the water also.

Reviewed December 29, 2011

My partner and I had a wonderful 2 night stay here. Quiet and freindly. Sooo close to everything in Oguquit. It is located on the River overlooking the main beach. Easy access to the adjacent Island and the Cliff walk as well as downtown. Very scenic and awesome place to be in the summer!

Room Tip: Look for one in the Main house and for water/River view
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 2, 2011

On August 7 about 7 p.m. I made a reservation for the following night for one night. Unfortunately my father was rushed to the hospital with a heart attack a few hours later and I called to cancel about 7 am the next morning--12 hours later! As a courtesy I assumed the "family run" owners would understand and perhaps give us a credit. Not only was I surprised to find a $50 bill on my credit card but the owner said she's HEARD THAT EXCUSE BEFORE! I'm happy to say my father made it through surgery but am saddened of the insensitivity and inhumanness of this owner.

Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
10  Thank Cheryl G
Reviewed August 19, 2011

My husband and I spent two nights recently.
I will start with the positives.
Proximity to the beach.
Large balcony outside the room- even though it is over the parking lot and very close to the main road to the beach.
Now the negatives:
The room- which cost over $200/ night, was very small and very basic .the queen bed had a mattress that was rubber/ vinyl (??)on the top.
Horrible.
Besides being very rigid , you woke up feeling hot and wet!
There was no luggage rack for the suitcases- which had to go on the floor.
The bathroom was the smallest I have ever been in( other than a cruise ship- but at least they are nice) the toilet tissue was one ply.
No hairdryer in place( I had to ask )
The towels were pitifully thin.
Not acceptable when there are so many outlets nearby selling thick inexpensive ones.
The wafer thin soap was there , however no shampoo, conditioner or lotion.
The owner or his dad sat on the lower balcony all day , right beside the ice machine. Don't dare takemore than a small icebucket full.
In his defense, he sat there so no one except a paying guest , would park there.
Because the inn is next to the only road going to and from the beach, it is noisy at night .
Other than being close to the beach, it is not worth the $$$$.
Other places near by charge about the same , and are so much nicer.
We have been going to ogunquit for 30 years and have stayed on many of the places by the beach.

• Stayed: August 2011
3  Thank Fleuvee
Reviewed May 12, 2011

We had always been curious about the Above Tide Inn, so on the planned last day of our honeymoon, when we just weren't ready to leave, we walked into the office and asked if we could stay there for the night. They usually don't have one night guests, but there had been a cancellation and they gave us a room. They were so friendly and helpful, even taking care of my giant flower arrangement which barely fit in the room! We had a lovely time in our sweet little room. It is like being on a boat, so close to the water, lovely balcony space for every room, close to the action but very quiet. A great view of all the shenanigans on the beach. We loved it and can't wait to go back. Such a nice experience with the friendly owners. Such a good value for a sweet place right on the water!

Room Tip: I think they are all good!
  • Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank munkysmum
Reviewed June 30, 2010

Just returned from a 1 week stay at The Above Tide Inn, the Family that owns and runs it were outstanding, they were very knowledgable of the area, and willing to share it. The location was great being right on the Tidal River, Close to the heart of town, the beach and just a relaxing location. we would definitely stay here again and highly recommend this Inn.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple