“Good food when you need a break from lobster”
Review of I am Thai - CLOSED

I am Thai
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed September 2, 2013

If you need to eat gluten-free, as I do, this restaurant makes several gluten-free curries. I had their "yellow" curry, with chicken and squash, and it was very tasty. Be aware that it is billed as a "moderately spicy" curry; I found it a bit hotter than that, which was fine, but next time I will ask for it to be toned down just a bit. They are willing to cook to your taste-buds. Although there are a few tables in this side-of-the-road restaurant, it's more of a take-out place. (And the portion size was huge; enough for two meals.)

There are newer reviews for I am Thai

Reviewed August 12, 2013

My family ate here one night on our Maine vacation, having decided that we needed a break from lobster. No atmosphere--more of a take-out place with tables--but the food was excellent and well-priced. We enjoyed the green curry, red curry, chicken satay, papaya salad, and crispy pad thai, all flavorful and fresh. Would highly recommend for a low-key tasty non-seafood alternative.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

The cooks will make your dish spicy if you request it- and I mean SPICY. Value was reasonable. Many options on the menu.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

Had the food here for my later night snack twice during my stay. Great food with a smile...try it! Plenty of fresh choices including the fresh veggie rolls. Chicken wings were very flavorful. I'll be back!

Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

Lovely service, friendly and helpful. Outstanding duck dishes. Medium hot is more hot than medium! Spring rolls were disappointing but everything else was yummy. Can bring your own beer or wine!

1  Thank lynnbrown68