“Great seaside restaurant!”

Blue Water Inn Beach House and Restaurant
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ogunquit
Blue Water Inn Beach House and Restaurant
Ranked #25 of 26 Ogunquit B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 5, 2014

It's unfortunate that the Blue Water Inn hotel reviews are all mixed in with the restaurant reviews.

My husband and I had dinner at Blue Water after seeing their ad in a local publication and then looking up the reviews on here. Great choice!

We went on a rainy evening, and the covered porch with plastic pull-down sides provided a really cozy atmosphere where we could still enjoy the views while staying nice and dry.

Our waitress was stellar. She was incredibly friendly and helpful and in a really great mood. That set off our experience just right. Crabcakes were great -- very flavorful and hot all the way through. I ordered the Seafood Medley and my husband the Scallops and Bacon. Both were fantastic, with just the right size portions. Very fresh and flavorful.

They have some signature drinks and a full bar. We are considering going back again sometime just for drinks and appetizers.

And on a rainy day, your first bar drink is 1/2 price. That was a nice surprise!

Definitely consider this restaurant. It's walkable from Ogunquit Beach. I didn't see any parking other than the big Ogunquit Beach paid parking lot. Because we were there later in the day and it was raining, we didn't have to pay to park.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank LorraineD_2011

Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

I really enjoyed this place. The ambiance was great! It's adorable inside, very bright and welcoming. They have a wonderful staff, very friendly and accommodating. The drinks and food were fantastic! I would highly recommend it, definitely the best place by the beach.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank dleten
Reviewed August 4, 2013

I stayed here with my boyfriend for our anniversary during peak season and I couldn't have asked for a better time. The room was priced amazingly well, under $150, free parking, great view, clean room and bathroom, the staff was super helpful and accommodating, and the first drinks were on the house! The location was prime and I can't speak more highly for the place! Loved it!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MJohannaC
Reviewed June 23, 2013

We stopped here for a nice quiet dinner. The restaurant was full, but, it did not stop the great service which we had. The meal, I had the haddock and the Mrs. had lobster was prepared very nicely. Topped off with after dinner drinks then, a nice walk on the beach. Very enjoyable evening
Highly recommend this place

Room Tip: Call in advance and ask for Roger, the Manager
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Patrick C
Reviewed August 24, 2012

When booking my travel plans I had been to the area before and knew I wanted to stay by the beach. This place was one of three options, so I called all three to compare prices. When speaking to the person on the phone that person immediately asked "how many in the party?", I course said three, myself, wife, and daughter, the person who answered asked how old is the child I responded "9" to which the booking person said “no, we have nothing available for you.” I found the response odd in the way he said that thinking "gee it seems like this person just did not want to rent to a family." I found that very strange. So when we went on our vacation I made a point to go by the place to see if my suspicions were true. What I found was a sign on the door of the restaurant that said "only well behaved children allowed", and a vacancy sign hanging off the building. I went inside to inquire if they had two rooms available for my party, lying to the person at the counter saying I had 3 other adults with me looking for lodging. The counter person said by all means they had rooms for us to choose from. This was so bazaar. Maybe they just had a mass cancellation, I don't know. But the one thing that was clear to me is that this place wants nothing to do with families with children.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank Michael O
Reviewed August 17, 2012

My friend and I traveled up to Oqunquit for the day and found ourself eating a light and lovely lunch at the Blue Water Inn. The inn had two rooms available, so we decided to stay. Our decision was enhanced by the free beach accessible parking ( the lot by the beach was charging $25.00 a day mid-week-yikes!) and the reasonable price for the rooms.
Our stay was very pleasant. The beds were very cozy and the rooms, sparse, but clean and comfortable. The view was great, and of course, the proximity to the beach could not be beat.
On the downside: Noise from the restaurant traveled up to my room, so while I would have rathered open windows and fresh ocean air, I settled for the white noise of the ac. The shower was a problem, the water intermittently went VERY cold. Guess the plumbing is old. The continental breakfast was not too exciting-a single loaf of fresh (albeit very good) bread being the only bakery offering. Would have liked muffins, croissants, or some other choice. Also no decaf coffee. Still, minor things all in all. We would return without hesitation.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank carrieaud
Reviewed August 14, 2012

stayed in Blue river room for $95 in august, was only room we could find in Oqunquit that day!.
Its dated probably from the 80's. shared bathroom needs better shower.Not sure what time continental breakfast was available but we were up at 7.30 and no one was around.
The bed is a small double and overly soft.

Room Tip: try for a room with a shower
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family