“Great place to stay!”
Review of The Milestone

The Milestone
Ranked #18 of 36 Hotels in Ogunquit
Reviewed October 6, 2007

We just returned from the Milestone yesterday. The Milestone certainly made our stay in Ogunquit very pleasureable. We have been staying the Milestone for a few years now and we always enjoy coming back. The rooms are very clean and they also have many extras such as the continental breakfast, fitness room, coffee maker and refrigerator in the room and much more. All of the emloyees are very friendly and personable. The grounds are cared for to perfection! I can honestly say the I always look forward to returning to the Milestone because I always know exactly what to expect! Four stars for me!

Stayed: October 2007

Reviewed September 20, 2007

i expected a more understanding attitude from the desk person when at 2 o'clock in the afternoon,we explain that we had to go back home(quebec city)because of a burglary...they charge us for the night to come anyway...no discussion possible...as a customer for many many years,i expected more than: sorry,i have to charge you...

Stayed: September 2007
2  Thank trav
Reviewed September 13, 2007

My husband and I stayed at The Milestone for one week in August, 2007. Having been in Ogunquit before, we were fairly familiar with the area, but this was our first stay at The Milestone and it was great.

The motel is one of three properties owned by the same company - they own The Milestone, a motel with more reasonable prices; Juniper Hill and Gorges Grant, both higher end, more luxurious establishments. We were looking for a place to stay that was affordable (a tough thing to find in Ogunquit in August!), but not overly expensive since we didn't plan to spend too much time at the hotel. This place was perfect.

The staff was friendly and welcoming, the room was clean, bright, big, and included a fairly large fridge, coffee maker and a nice bathroom. I am not a fan of motels in general, I prefer to stay in hotels, but this is a place I would stay again. The soap, lotion, shampoo and condition they leave you are Bath and Body Works products! They also offer a continental breakfast with includes donuts, cereal, coffee, tea, hot chocolate, juices, and muffins. It's simple, but everything tasted great. It was perfect because we aren't big breakfast people and we were more interested in just grabbing something quick and starting our day. Each room also comes with a tray so you can grab breakfast and eat in your room, or on the porches offered for rooms on the second floor of higher. (the first floor rooms seem to all have patios. All have a few chairs so you can sit and relax.

It's in a safe location, with easy access to Footbridge Beach (a five minute walk down a quaint side street), which is a lovely stretch of soft white sand; and great restaurants, check out Napoli Pizzeria (just next door) for awesome pizza, and the Beach Fire Restaurant (across the street) for delicious dinners. I suggest the crab cakes with roasted red pepper cream sauce. The motel is on Rt. 1, the main thoroughfare that runs north to south and gets you to Ogunquit, York, Wells and Kennebunkport, but it's located slightly away from the main congestion of town -- a plus in that it was central but seemed much quieter and there were fewer people wandering about.

Our only complaint is that the volume on the TV is set so that you can't blast your TV and bug your neighbors, a nice feature, however it was slightly lower than our preference and certain channels come in lower than others, making it difficult for us to hear. But I'm sure that my comment about this would be different if I had neighbors who blasted their TV through our wall -- everything is of course relative.

Overall, we would encourage anyone spending time in the Ogunquit, York, Wells area to check this place out. It was really great

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 3, 2007

They represent as being right in town--- some of their sister
properties are. This one is a mile out of town and served
by a shuttle service which is over-crowded, slow, and passes
up stops due to full shuttles on summer weekends.

The rooms are nice--- 3-start hotel grade, but it's still a motel
and the prices are more Hilton-esque than motel-like.

When in Ogunquit, stay in a place that is TRULY in town where
you can get off-street parking, then walk to dinner and the
beach without depending upon the shuttle.

Stayed: August 2007
1  Thank gascolator
Reviewed July 18, 2007

I could write a book about The Milestone. This is my/our favorite place to stay. And that includes a good piece of the world. The hotel is A-One in every respect, the front desk, housekeeping, amenities, location, presentation and the price is right. I challenge anyone to show me a better place to stay for the money. When visiting Southern Maine you want The Milestone. [I sound like their PR man - I am not]

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with family
3  Thank TRAVELINGWIL
Reviewed September 20, 2006

We reserved a room for several nights during the Labor Day weekend based upon information found in TripAdvisor and photos and descriptions on hotel website. Though very expensive for that location (Rt.1), a very busy state highway, we thought the price would be compensated for by relatively luxurious rooms and services. The room turned out to be an average to slightly above average accommodation-very clean, well-kept, and excellent maid service- but, nonetheless, not worth the $174-189/night rate that was charged. The services and amenities were atrocious-- no newspapers given to hotel guests. The continental breakfast was very mediocre, though the attendant did her best to make it look attractive. Doughnuts and muffins were stale, probably several days old. All in all, an extremely disappointing hotel with no amenities or courtesies provided and, yet, a very dear price..

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
8  Thank NENative
Reviewed July 16, 2006

Our party had 3 rooms at The Milestone during the first week of July. My family has traveled extensively in this country and abroad. This is the third time we have stayed at the Milestone. I wouldn't even consider going anywhere else in Ogunquit. The grounds are beautifully maintained and the rooms are absolutely immaculate. The housekeeping and front desk staff couldn't have been more helpful. The trolley stop is right out front - so getting into town is completely convenient and the beach is a short walk from your front door. What more could you ask for? I can't wait to go back next year!

• Stayed: July 2006