“Cannot ask for more!”
Review of Gorges Grant Hotel

Gorges Grant Hotel
Ranked #6 of 36 Hotels in Ogunquit
Reviewed July 16, 2012

We were staying in the new building. It seemed like we were the first one using it. I liked the 2 sections bathroom with 2 sinks, very useful. Adored the swimming pool area, spacious and lots of chairs. Its an easy 15 minutes walk to downtown or there is a tourist bus that stops in front of the hotel for 1,50$. The only bad thing is the coffee in the room, is it the water or the the metal recipient that gives it a bad taste? Very small detail. The price was according with the place and the facilitys.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed July 10, 2012

A wonderful stay on vacation from Ohio, GREAT staff, good food for breakfast. We enjoyed the location, rooms very clean we just really enjoyed our time here we even extended our stay another night with no problem. King bed was excellent. We will be back.

Room Tip: Corner suites are large and sunny, we liked the large window. The property is well maintained.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tim L
Reviewed July 5, 2012

The hotel is below average in everything. They have coffee available in the lobby a few hours each day. If you want coffee when there isn't any out, you can ask at the front desk, but they have to go make it. Then the woman brought out one tiny paper cup of coffee. She never asked how many I wanted. The employees at this hotel need to learn how to make coffee.They put so much water in when they brew it that it tastes like dishwater.I asked for lowfat milk and the waitress told me they didn't have any - they only have 2%. Why aren't ignorant restaurant employees taught that 2% milk IS lowfat? I would not stay here again, nor would I recommend this hotel. The fitness center, as they call it, has four machines in a room that is about 10 feet by 12 feet. There are 2 pools, but they are not very impressive. There were almost no guests at the pool during the 5 days I stayed in July 2012. Stay somewhere else.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else. There are only three parking spaces on the side of the main hotel I stayed in so...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ForensicPsych
Reviewed June 29, 2012

Pros:The pool, hot tub, pool are all well kept. As others have said, the premium room has good space and having the sink outside the bath is a handy feature. Coffee is available all day-if you ask, they will make it other then in the morning. Cons: No DVD and only one premium channel. It would be nice if they had movies available.

Room Tip: Premium in the main building would be the best choice
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 21, 2012

I have been staying at Gorge's Grant for years. I go every year for the past 10 years and always stay here. The hotel grounds are just beautiful. They are always very well maintained. However, I wish they would update their rooms. The decor has been the same since I've been coming there. The pillows are very uncomfortable. I will bring my own next time I come. Overall, it is a very nice, friendly and clean place to stay.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded July 10, 2012

Thank you for choosing the Gorges Grant Hotel. Thank you as well for taking the time to share your thoughts on tripadvisor.com. We appreciate comments from all sources as we use this feedback to help us to evaluate and improve our product and service.

I was glad to read that you are a ten year customer. I was also happy to read that you find our grounds beautiful and well maintained, our hotel to be very clean and our staff to be very friendly and nice. I was sorry to read your comments about our rooms and our pillows.

Although we are an independent operator and are limited in the amount of enhancements we can undertake each year, we renovated the 24 rooms in our King Charles building this winter. This included the carpet, wall vinyl, light fixtures and artwork in the guest rooms and public areas. We tiled the bathrooms, added remote thermostats to the heating/air conditioning systems and replaced all the furniture. We also added a full suite with two full baths, a bedroom and living room. This suite connects to a second room so it can be rented as a two bedroom suite. We also offer Premium rooms that have been enhanced to include central air conditioning and heating systems, granite countertops and tub surrounds, oversized tubs and refrigerators, noise reducing double paned windows, Sony Dream Machine clock radios with iPhone/iPod docking station and custom designed furniture. Based on our customers’ feedback, we also replaced the pillows in all our rooms with upscale hypoallergenic down alternative filled pillows.

I encourage you to try one of our King Charles rooms during your next stay. I believe you will find the updates bring those rooms to level of quality to which you would enjoy. You may also consider trying a Premium room. I am confident you would be happy with the experience.

Please feel free to contact me with any additional questions or comments you may have. We know that you have many choices within the Ogunquit area, and we hope that our ongoing improvements exceed your expectations during your next visit. Thank you again for choosing the Gorges Grant Hotel.

Regards,
Hotel General Manager

Reviewed June 10, 2012

Just spent a quick weekend here and I'm happy to say that the Gorges Grant was as welcoming, bright, comfortable and immaculately clean as ever. Check in is easy and quick and the manager Craig, front desk staff, and the girls that run their wonderful breakfast restaurant are friendly and pleasant. The beds are so comfortable and I can't say enough how clean the rooms and grounds are. This place is a real find as you can take a short walk into town, the beach, restaurants or take a charming trolley ride! It stops right in front of the Gorges Grant. We really love this place and booked an August and September get away! It never disappoints!

Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Carol W
Reviewed June 9, 2012

We should have written this sooner, but we took a long valentine weekend here. The front desk people were pleasant and helpful about what was open at this time of year. The room was nicely decorated and comfortable. A good place to relax. We visited the indoor pool and sauna and it was fun swimming in February. Plenty of seats around the pool and it was an easy walk from our room in the main building. We had breakfast at Rasberries for one of the mornings and the food was tasty and it was great for the convenience. We were across from the exercise room which had plenty of equipment, but my one complaint is that there are not instructions on how to operate the equipment. I would recommend staying here.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple