Gorges Grant Hotel
The Colonial Inn(Ogunquit)(Great Value!)
$89
The Grand Hotel(Ogunquit)(Great Value!)
$85
Sea Rose Suites(Ogunquit)(Great Value!)
$89
Terrace by the Sea(Ogunquit)(Great Value!)
$118
Juniper Hill Inn(Ogunquit)(Great Value!)
Hotels.com
The Admiral's Inn(Ogunquit)(Great Value!)
$79
Orbitz.com
Meadowmere Resort(Ogunquit)(Great Value!)
$113
$96
All reviewspremium roomking charlesbreakfast restaurantgame tablestrolley stopmain buildingon site restaurantvery nice hotelaaa discountoff seasonno elevatoroutdoor poologunquit lobster poundbed and pillowsi highly recommend this hoteltwo sinksseparate building
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 12, 2011

This was our 7th year coming to Gorges Grant for a winter getaway with friends. The atmosphere is bright and cheery with a wonderful 'livingroom' lobby. It's fireplace, hot coffee, tea and even hot chocolate are comfortable and make for a great place to chat or play games or just relax with the newspaper. The staff is always friendly and helpful, especially with dinner recommendations--special shout out to Craig for always welcoming us and making us feel like family. We were on the dining package with includes breakfast at Raspberri's. The breakfast is great, one of the best around, and Shari and her staff always make us feel comfortable and relaxed. Great job Gorges Grant and Tony and I arelooking forward to our next visit.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 3, 2010

No complaints about the hotel, clean, spacious, and reasonably priced. Two great pools, one indoor (great in case of rain) and one outdoor. However, I didn't realize how far it was from the Ogunquit Beach (which is amazing btw). While there is a shortcut to the beach through the Juniper Hill (sister property), it is still quite a hike with young kids and beach gear (although we did it on several occassions without an issue). Parking at the beach is very expensive ($20 to $30) and paying for four people to take the trolley can get expensive too. The location of the hotel is a huge plus if you are planning on travelling north to Wells often as it is outside the very congested Village. If you don't mind hiking it into town or paying for parking at beach, this is a perfect hotel for a trip to Ogunquit. However, I imagine most families would prefer something closer to the beech/strip.

I note about Raspberry's, the hotel restuarant: I believ it only serves breakfast. The food is good, but if not included in room rate, not necessarily cheap. There are several breakfast places in the area that are better, so this should not be a reason to stay at the hotel. However, with young children, it is often a huge plus to be able to run back to the room during or after breakfast and this provides such an opportunity.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed October 28, 2010

We started as a small group of 4 friends 14 years ago. Now we have grown to a group of 8.
The value , service and staff have never been less than excellent. We go a couple of times a year just to get away. They always treat us like family.
Craig is the best manager and takes the time to get to know you. Shari, the owner and hostess at Raspberries Restaurant, never fails to welcome with a smile and the best breakfast in Ogunquit.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 14, 2010

When you can only find one thing wrong with a hotel/resort, you know you found a great place. I had read the reviews before going up for the Columbus Day weekend to see the leaves change and to do some outlet shopping and it was mostly positive. Short of slow wireless internet, there wasn't anything I could say negative about this hotel. Clean, tidy, professional and friendly staff, an AWESOME breakfast at Rasberries, the hotel's restaurant, it was just perfect. My girlfriend being the neat freak she was pleased with the rooms, the grounds and overall, the whole location. I would definately recommend it. You can find cheaper, but you won't find more comfortable. Hottub, pool, and grounds were very well kept.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 19, 2010

My significant other and I decided to get away to Maine for a long weekend (fri - sun). We decided on the Beach Region, but had not yet decided on a specific town. As any good traveler would do, I was online looking at various options and reading reviews for Ogunquit, Kennebunk, and Portland. I found the average price per night for all types of lodgings to be near $300.00/night. My cousin suggested a property in Ogunquit. She gave me the name of the hotel she stayed, and then told me there were actually 3 properties under the same ownership. I went to the website www.ogunquit.com and there I saw 3 different properties - Juniper Hill, Gorges Grant Hotel, and The Milestone. Based on the room descriptions, I chose Gorges Grant. Personally I like a hotel that is enclosed. I'm not fond of rooms that open right out onto a balcony which also serves as the hallway and stairwell. Compared with the rates I had seen at ALL of the others inns and hotels I researched, staying TWO nights at Gorges Grant was the same price as ONE night at the others.

I walked in to the lobby and was very impressed. The lobby reminded me of a modern New England Inn. Very open and bright. We were about an hour early, so thought we would see if we could check in. If not, we were going to continue our day and head up to Portland for awhile. The person who greeted us told us our room was ready. We had a 2nd floor room. We walked in and were immediately impressed. Again, very well laid out and bright. The room was considered a king-size room (and it was). The bathroom area had a separate sink and toilet/shower area. In addition to the sink area, was a 3 drawer bureau which was great for keeping toiletries out of the way of the sink. In addition, there was a small kitchenette area with a mini-fridge and a small sink for rinsing cups/glasses.

I am one who has sleep issues, in that I have a hard time sleeping throughout the night. We heard nothing from other guests either in the hallway, parking lot, Route 1. In addition, the room had no distracting odors. (I have usually found some kind of odor - whether it be perfumey, cleaning product, carpeting, etc.). I slept perfectly!

There is an on-site breakfast restaurant on-site called Rasberri's. We ate there Saturday morning. There was no wait (FYI, when we checked out on Sunday morning, I noticed several people waiting for a table). Our server was very attentive in making sure we had enough coffee and everything else we needed. The food was very good and the price reasonable.

The location was about 1/2 mile outside the center of Ogunquit - definitely within walking distance. Traffic/Parking in Ogunquit is tough, so walking the 1/2 mile is suggested.

Overall I was very very satisfied with this hotel and would not hesitate to stay again and strongly recommend to others.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple