All reviews wharf house the main house marginal way dockside room third floor overlooking the water ogunquit beach morning coffee ocean view carriage house short walk the location is perfect adirondack chairs private deck within walking distance tidal river restaurants and shops
Selected filters
Reviewed May 6, 2019

Everyone at Marginal Way House was very helpful and friendly. We stayed in the Wharf House and loved it. My mom wanted to take the bathroom home with her! There was a lovely view from our room too. Would love to come back!

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed December 16, 2018

We had the last room available. Small but fill of charm, great bathroom. The maids were wonderful. And the "clientèle" is quiet, full of spirit. The location is perfect. We only regret that there was no fruits and pastry on the outside breakfast table. A nice expresso machine would be welcome.

Room tip: Wine glasses would be nice.
Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed October 30, 2018 via mobile

Love, love, love the ocean view in the cabana style cottage room. Feels like I’m in an ad for Restoration Hardware & Calvin Klein. Spotless, stylish & coastal comfy. Here in October to avoid crowds & relish in the beautiful fall colors. Dream come true New England getaway.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank explore321
Reviewed October 10, 2018

We were pleasantly surprised at what a wonderful stay we had! We stayed in the Main House and had a beautiful view of the ocean! Breathtaking! Previously we stayed at a B&B and this was much nicer! We were able to step outside our door and walk to everything! Very close to everything! The staff was super nice (Laura and Andrea). We will definitely be back.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kathy N
Reviewed October 10, 2018 via mobile

Booked this last minute when I saw some rare beach worthy days in the weather forecast. After Columbus Day Ogunquit is still busy but not overrun.

I asked about early check in and was told they couldn’t guarantee it but I was welcome to park on the property anytime after noon. Which I did! A short easy walk over a footbridge takes you to Ogunquit Beach. The property overlooks the river and the Atlantic. Even if your room does not have a balcony there are plenty of outdoor spaces to sit, relax and enjoy the view. Prime for a byob cocktail or morning coffee.

Coffee is setup on the porch around 7 a.m. bring your mug from your room! After walking to the Beach for a beautiful sunrise it was nice to come back and relax on the porch with a hot mug of coffee.

Parking spaces are assigned. This is a blessing.

In 10 seconds you can walk to Shore Road for all the dining and fun you want. A movie theater, piano bar, shops etc. the Village Market is convenient and everyone raves.

I usually avoid Ogunquit because parking can be a nightmare. Once you check in you never have to move your car.

Rooms are lovely! I stayed in 116. Third floor walk up! It is tiny. It is perfect for 1 person or a cuddly petite couple. The bed is a small full size and at 5’8” my feet hung over the edge. The remodeled showers though are big enough for two and beautiful.

I do love that the property has photos and descriptions of each room on its website and there is quite a selection. Some with separate living and cooking areas and some with private decks overlooking the water.

Be aware lower (walkout basement) level rooms are by the ice maker and a walking path.

If you have questions about a room call the property ahead so no surprises.

The staff are welcoming and helpful!

I highly recommend this place for ambience, convenience and location. Tranquility!

Trip type: Traveled solo