Marginal Way House
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Abalonia Inn(Ogunquit)
The Neptune Inn(Ogunquit)
View Hotel
All reviewswharf housethe main housemarginal waynew ownerslarge walk in showersea wallogunquit beachbeach goersevery summerthird floorwood floorsshort walkfront lawnview of the oceanold househigh tideour favorite place
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 17, 2006

I just returned from a weekend getaway at Ogunquit's Marginal Way House and Motel. The location is the best! We stayed in the Motel, which has the best view of the ocean. It's close to everything, shops, restaurants, coffee shops and a convenience store. It's clean, but nothing fancy. Also, the walls are a bit thin, and the room is extremely bright in the morning. The blinds covering the windows allow the sun to pour into the room early in the morning. This didn't bother me too much, since I don't like sleeping in. So, if you're looking luxury, fancy soaps and shampoos in the washroom, and extras like a hair dryer and iron, THIS IS NOT THE PLACE FOR YOU. On the other hand, if you want a great place to watch the sunrise and hear the ocean right from your balcony, and friendly people to welcome you, then this is definitely the place for you.

• Stayed: April 2006
17  Thank edan
North Egremont, MA
Reviewed September 19, 2005

Having stayed in Ogunquit many times my husband and I feel we have finally found our "favorite place to stay". The furnishings in the rooms at the Marginal Way House are nothing to rave about but they are bright, cheery and extremely comfortable. What we liked best was the location -- you can pretty much walk to everything in Ogunquit Village. Traffic and parking can be a hassle sometimes and it was refreshing to just take off on foot from the hotel. We highly recommend the Main House in any of the upstairs rooms (the ground floor rooms looked small and dark). We plan on returning to the Marginal Way House very soon.

• Stayed: September 2005
10  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Harrington Park, NJ
Reviewed July 12, 2004

I have been coming to Ogunquit for 53 years. The last 6 or 7 to the Marginal Way House. What a delightful spot! Very low key but very hospitable.
The staff always friendly and helpful. Dogs (well
behaved ones) are allowed after Labor Day and my dog has enjoyed it immensely. While I endorse the Marginal Way House enthusiatically I selfishly hope that with its popularity it will always have room for me!

13  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Shirley, Long Island, NY
Reviewed June 20, 2004

We just returned from a short stay at Marginal Way it has a very beautiful view . It is directly on the water. Everyone there, Jeff, lauren and staff are very, very accomodating and gracious.

Everything was clean, and the whole atmosphere brings peace and a feeling of relaxing in a bit of elegance.

The shopping and restaurants are all high quality.

Perkins Cove is a very quaint area 4 minutes away.

You can really walk to everything.

AND you can bring your dog.

I cannot wait to return.

16  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 16, 2004

A charming place with comfy chairs to lounge about the lawn, great reading lights, instant hot water, convenient location and a marvelous view. We stayed in the dockside motel units with our own little patio, inside reading area and a frig. Friendly staff. Highly recommended.

9  Thank betscw