Great setting with ocean view, quiet dead end street (other than walking path to beach), large lawn area (lounges and chairs provided) between motel and ocean (sea wall). While we were there several people on lawn at table enjoying lobster, wine & dessert...great spot for it. Plenty of on-site parking. It's a small older building with character...big covered porch with chairs/tables overlooking ocean and large enclosed room adjacent...nice spots to get out of sun or rain/sprinkle and still enjoy the view. We only had a room for one night on our way through. It was decent, clean and had comfy bed. No pool, hot tub or amenities here...it's not a resort with kids running around/jumping in pool. If you want a quiet place for short stay right in town with convenience of shops, restaurants, walk along Marginal Way to Perkins Cove, etc., I would not hesitate to stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the tradition of Maine's summer resorts, the Marginal Way House has been welcoming visitors since at least 1911. Located on Wharf Lane, two blocks from the center of town, directly across from the Ogunquit Beach, the Marginal Way House offers incomparable views of the beach and coastline. Offering 3 types of rooms including hotel rooms in our Main and Wharf House buildings, ocean front rooms in our Dockside building, and efficiency apartments which are located through out our 5 building complex. Pets are accepted off season only ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Marginal Way House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marginal Way House Hotel Ogunquit
- Marginal Way Hotel
- Marginal Way Motel
- Marginal Way House Ogunquit, Maine