“Better than home!!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ogunquit
Almost Home Inn Ogunquit
Ranked #16 of 26 Ogunquit B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 14, 2008

I say "better than home" because they make you breakfast!!! AND IT'S DELICIOUS!!! We have been to the top B&B's in the area and Almost Home Inn Ogunquit matchs up to them easily, more of a personal touch if you ask me, without being over bearing. She gives you your space if you need it.
The rooms are beautifully decorated. We have been in all of them and they have somethng for everyone.

Wine and cheese in the afternoom was something to come back to after sitting on the beach or doing some shopping. It held us over til dinner.
An important thing that I noticed is that everyone is welcome. There were straight couples, gay couples, older, younger. That means alot to me. I like a mix of company.

We will be back for sure and looking forward to it!!!

Laurie & Sue

Stayed: April 2008
1  Thank renlau518

Reviewed October 6, 2007

We stayed at Almost Home Inn, unfortunately only for one night, at the end of our trip around New England. What a super place it is. Our hostess, Jackie, upgraded us to the Garden Room, which was lovely and a very large room with a huge closet for our clothes (not that we had many to hang up by the end of our trip!). She showed us around the other rooms that were free and they all looked very nice. She very kindly offered several times to give us a lift into the town centre (which wasn't that far to walk anyway) and had a good selection of menus of local restaurants. Her breakfast was gourmet style with three courses plus tea or coffee which kept us going for several hours.

Very highly recommended.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Irenepr
Reviewed October 2, 2007

My husband and I celebrated his 50th birthday in Ogunquit. I had been on-line for hours searching this site for the perfect inn. The minute I spoke to Jacqui, my search ended. (by the way, call the inn directly to make your reservation because Jacqui will answer all of your questions and help plan your stay if you so desire). Once I told her it was my husband's birthday she assured me the wine and cheese, complimentary of course, would be waiting and dinner reservations would be made. By the time I got off the phone, I felt I had made a new best friend!

The inn itself is warm and inviting. We were greeted by a beautifully landscaped patio where we enjoyed our bountiful, delicious, home-cooked, breakfast . The common room is a great place to relax with your wine and unwind after a busy day. Jacqui and her lovely son Michael, an author, who was in Ogunquit to do a book reading and signing were great company. We learned alot about the history of the inn and the town itself, as this is where Jacqui raised her children. We stayed in the Victorian room which was beautifull decorated with details from this period. The room was larger than any other questroom we have stayed in at other inns. The queen sized bed was extremely comfortable and the sheets, luxurious! The room also had all the modern amenities you would want: television, refridgerator, air conditioning and a modern bathroom.

The inn is located about a 1/3 of a mile north of town. Jacqui was gracious enought to give us a ride to the beach and also to Perkin's cove where we had a delicious dinner at MC's. An added bonus is that the trolley stop is practically right in front of the inn for those that do not feel like walking. We had a great early morning walk before breakfast, strolling north on Route One to Footbridge beach, along the beach to the town center and then headed back to the inn where our delicious coffee and three course breakfast was awaiting us. WHAT COULD BE BETTER!

Stayed: September 2007
1  Thank amy s
Reviewed September 28, 2007

With the wonderful help of Jacqui, the innkeeper, my sister and other bridesmaid planned the most amazing girls' weekend for my bachelorette party. We rented out all the rooms, which were decorated so nicely....everyone loved and raved about the comfort of their rooms. If I had to pick, I would stay in either the downstairs "Garden" room, or the second floor room that you reach from a back staircase....can't remember the name, but it was very large.

As far as concierge services, Jacqui tops all other hotels/B&B's I have ever stayed with. She helped to set up day spa treatments, dinner reservations, and even trolley services. I had a friend who wanted a hair cut more than a spa treatment, so Jacqui made a couple of phone calls and had her a Sat appt in no time! We were also provided with a wonderful wine/cheese spread to celebrate our weekend together, out on Jacqui's beautiful front patio.....all of my friends mentioned that that was their favorite weekend moment. There is also a beautiful backyard, with a nice fire pit to enjoy in the evenings.

The inn is close enough for a 5-10 minute walk into town, to pick up the trolley, or sometimes Jacqui even offers to drop you off somewhere.

The morning breakfast was to die for.....she made a wonderful raspberry baked stuff french toast casserole, with fruit cups, coffee, juice, bacon, sausage, etc. So yummy!!

Last, but not least, I couldn't believe her reasonable prices! Even peak season rates are great. I will definitely be going back to enjoy this wonderful place with my soon-to-be husband and have been recommending it to everyone I know.

If you are planning a quiet, romantic, peaceful, relaxing, weekend away on the coast of Maine....you should absolutely choose the Almost Home Inn.

• Stayed: September 2007
1  Thank epainemaine
Reviewed September 10, 2007

My husband and I stayed here for a few nights right before the Labor Day weekend. We stayed in the East Light room. Really comfortable King bed, large room, nicely decorated, very comfy, very clean, nice fluffy bathroom towels. All the rooms have that quality, so you cannot go wrong staying in any of them. They all have separate entrances. You can tell a lot of thought went into decorating the room and well, making if feel like a home away from home!

The location is nice and quiet, great for kicking back and relaxing. The trolley stop is only about 100 meters away. Then again, it's not a far walk to the center either.

Jacqui (and Grande her wonderful dog) was a fantastic host and cooks a wonderful gourmet breakfast. We never had to eat lunch, as breakfast carried us through until the evening! She had very good restaurant recommendations as well. Unfortunately, we could not try all of them as we were only staying for two nights. We ate at Vine (across the street) and MC's (at Marginal Way). Recommend both!

My husband and I are pretty picky about where we stay. Saying that, if you are looking to stay in Oqunquit, I highly recommend the Almost Home Inn.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple
4  Thank jh-runner
Reviewed September 7, 2007

We have now been guest at Almost Home Inn three times. This place is better than home! The Innkeeper, Jackie, is a wonderful person who goes far beyond what guest expect. Not only is her bed and breakfast warm and inviting, she is warm and inviting too. The accomidations are wonderful! Each room has a theam, the Lighthouse room is our favorite. The food is Wonderful! Each day we woke to a "cooked to order" breakfast. If you want something different, no problem, she just whipped it up. This Inn is also her home and she makes you feel as if your old family friends.

The village is but a 15 minute short walk. They will even take you to down and pick you up so you don't have to pay for parking. There may be other bed and breakfasts in Ogunquit, but none of them are like "Almost Home". I highly recommend this place to anyone looking for a relaxing weekend or business people in the are during the week. You can't find better!

Stayed: August 2007
1  Thank Jim L
Reviewed September 2, 2007

Almost Home Inn is a Jewel. My mother in-law, husband and I wanted to take a trip to Maine and found this absolutely wonderful B&B. I highly recommend anyone wanting to stay in a B&B, to give this place a try. Jacqui, the owner, is an amazing person, she has a great sense of humor and is an absolute delight to chat with over wine and cheese, which she provided in the early evenings. She went out of her way to not only recommend a great place for dinner, but also drove us and ensured we got a table.

We stayed in the log cabin room and my mother in-law stayed in the Vineyard room which shared an adjoining door. The beautifully decorated, spotlessly clean rooms, are an excellent size. We also had our own private entrance. The breakfasts that Jacqui serves are to die for, you won't want to miss them.

The Inn is close enough for a nice walk to the beach or to numerous restaurants. If you're not up for a walk, there is a trolley that runs by the Inn which can take you to the beach or as far as Perkin's Cove.

We are definitely going to make another trip to this area and look forward to staying here again.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple