“Just like home”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ogunquit
Almost Home Inn Ogunquit
Ranked #16 of 26 Ogunquit B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 5, 2012

We booked our stay based on the reviews and were thrilled that I did! Jacqui has a nice way of making everyone feel comfortable and welcomed. She keeps the inn very clean. She also has great suggestions on dining and things to do. Listen to her suggestions. She was willing to make reservations for us, she even drove us to the restaurant! I must say I never had such good breakfasts! My only regret is not booking a longer stay. We stayed for three nights (July 31, 2012 - Aug. 3, 2012).

My husband and I loved Trooper!

The location of the inn is perfect. There is a trolley stop seconds from the inn. Wells is a short drive. We walked to the inn from the village with easy.

KH
From Milford, NH

• Stayed: August 2012

Reviewed July 30, 2012

This was a great bed and breakfast. Jacqui is truly a great host, with an amazing breakfast. We stayed in the log cabin room, which had a King sized bed and ample room for the both of us. Jacqui actually drove us to the quiet Ogunquit beach area and to one of our dinner reservations. I am really appreciative of that since there are mainly charged parking areas. It is also an easy walk to and from town. I actually enjoyed walking back from Maine street. I absolutely recommend that you stay here and enjoy your time at Ogunquit. Also, if you have any doubts about a restaurant (there are many) you can look it up here or on Yelp, but I also recommend asking Jacqui as well she knows where all the good spots are.

Room Tip: All the rooms seem good to me. They are clean, air conditioned, a fridge, sofa, coffee table, and ow...
2  Thank Marcos A
Reviewed July 24, 2012

Jacqui is great. She is fun, wise, and entertaining. Her B and B is clean and located close to town center. I am glad that my wife and I stayed there. We will certainly go back when we are in Ogunquit!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 22, 2012

We recently spent 5 nights in Ogunquit. The weather was perfect, Ogunquit is beautiful, the beach was great and Almost Home was the cherry on top of the sundae...I chose Almost Home because of the wonderful reviews. They did not do it justice. The room was beautiful, breakfast was delicious and it's located near everyrthing. Plus there's Jacqui......

Room Tip: There is not a bad room
Reviewed July 19, 2012

My wife and I have been visiting Jacqui at Almost Home for 5 years now and believe the hype: this is not only a one-of-a-kind B&B, Jacqui is an unique, amazing & energetic hostess. Oh, and a great, great cook. We've now stayed in every room and each one has its special touches that mirror the same sensibility as the landscaping (all done by the amazing Jacqui, you'd swear there's more that one of her). Don't forget wine and cheese and as an Ogunquit native, Jacqui WILL get you that special table at the restaurant of your choice as she knows practically every business person in town. So do yourself a favor, book your stay with Jacqui now. You'll not want to leave, but you'll feel relaxed, well-fed and like you have a new lease on life. I got back last night and that's exactly how I feel.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great, but bigger is better, the two larger suites are on the South side of the bu...
Reviewed July 4, 2012

My husband and I spent two nights at Almost Home on the way to the Blue Hill area of Maine. Our experience was so positive that we would have happily stayed with Jacqui and old Trooper for the duration of our one-week vacation if we did not commit to other accommodations for our trip. We had reserved a room on the 2nd floor, but upon our arrival Jacqui asked if she could move us to a first floor room to accommodate my physical limitations. This was not an easy task since she had friends staying in the first floor room whom she moved to the second floor room we had initially reserved. Totally unexpected and beyond the call of your average innkeeper. But Jacqui is no average innkeeper! Having read the other reviews submitted on this page, there is really nothing we can add to our own review except to confirm that the house and premises are meticulously kept, the garden is beautiful, the breakfast is delicious, and both dog and owner are gentle and kind.

Cathy and Ken Wilson, Springfield, Pennsylvania

Reviewed June 30, 2012

We stayed here for one night during a whistle stop tour of New England. Jacqui was extremely accommodating and helpful and we enjoyed our stay.

Jacqui went to great lengths to get a reservation for dinner on a busy Saturday night and drove us to the restaurant in town. She also provided some very nice samples of her sons Zinfandel wine together with cheese and biscuits - excellent.

Accommodation was great, spacious and very comfortable.

Breakfast in the morning was excellent and included roast sweet potatoes and a traditional egg/cheese dish which was lovely.

All in all an excellent place to stay and we would recommend it.

Room Tip: Our ground floor room saved carrying very heavy bags upstairs for our short stay.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple