“Relaxing place by the Sea”
Review of Cliff House Spa - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Cliff House Spa
New Jersey
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“Relaxing place by the Sea”
Reviewed May 20, 2012

I'd been here some 50 and 20 years ago. The place has changed and for the better. We had a beautiful room overlooking the coastline and ocean. We had elected a spa room that included a couch and gas fireplace. Very cozy and comfortable. Loved having a 25 yard lap pool. Easy access to all the local sites. Only negative is that for the price, internet access should have been included ($18 charge for the length of a stay).

Hooksett, New Hampshire
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Seasonal Body Wrap”
Reviewed May 19, 2012

This is so relaxing and I felt so great for days after. Each season they offer a special body wrap. I had the Seaside Paradise - a head to toe treatment. They request you arrive a little early for your appointment so you can get prepared and spend time relaxing in the waiting room in front of the fireplace with a view of the ocean. Fruit and non caffine beverages are available.

I can't think of anything negative about the area. This was my third time taking advantage of the services available in the spa. Best spa I've been too.

Andover, New Hampshire
“Over-rated”
Reviewed May 14, 2012

I scheduled an 80-minute massage and received a 50-minute one. It was a real bummer!!

Woburn, Massachusetts, United States
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“beautiful”
Reviewed April 19, 2012

it was so relaxing and open great place i would recommend it to coples or girls to be out for a trip not for a family place me and my sister went it was great

Visited April 2012
Boston
“Not an encouraging first time”
Reviewed April 17, 2012

On the spur of the moment, we decided to spend one overnight here, escaping Patriots' Day holiday madness from downtown Boston. Made our reservation online the morning of our arrival. And given the various options, I even reserved the "romance for two" wine-cheese-crackers combo that was to have been set up in the room before check-in. We arrived about 6pm, all ready for our special getaway evening. But there was no record of our reservation in their computer system. Also, therefore, no wine-and-cheese in the room; I offered the confirmation number that I had received via email when making the reservation, but they didn't want it. There was no offer to get the wine-and-cheese for us. I had to tell them what kind of room (in the spa area) I had reserved. The view, as everyone else states, is quite nice -- right on the rocks, and our balcony was really nice for viewing the water. The outdoor temperature was cool, however, so we went to the gift shop in the spa to buy a fleece pullover; there were two on display, and those were the ONLY two they had. We did not try the restaurant or bar, as we prefer on short trips to try local eateries. We also didn't really have time to try the spa services, either. In short, the nice room with a great view but terrible customer service and lack of customer perqs was not worth the $300+ we ended up paying for one night. Probably won't go back again.

Visited April 2012