“A good value”
Review of Abalonia Inn

Abalonia Inn
Ranked #21 of 36 Hotels in Ogunquit
Reviewed September 17, 2012

The Abalonia is a nice place to stay in Ogunquit. The other reviewers are correct about the proximity to town, the cleanliness of the rooms, and the very helpful staff. Parking is a little tight, but acceptable. A larger bathroom would be nice but it served its purpose. The pool and firepit add to the experience. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BillS906

Reviewed September 16, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at the Abalonia this past weekend. Jimmy the inn keeper is amazing and very helpful with all questions, suggestions on things to do in town and and wonderful with directions. I didn't get a chance to really use the pool but I did stick my feet in and it was awesome. The inn is great because of Jimmy, location to everything such as the beach, Marginal Way & Perkin's cove- rooms are quiet and cozy.

My only wish is that the bathroom in our room was bigger and that it had a tub cause I like that kind of thing and since I am a bit of a klutz- I constantly had to be careful of the step up to the bathroom cause I kept tripping on it. Overall, I recommend this place highly.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank mrsdavis82206
Reviewed September 4, 2012

We stayed at Abalonia for Labor Day week-end. What a great experience. Jimmy is always helpful. We had room 9, it's a little bit small, but the amenities are great. The bed is very comfortable. The bathroom is also well appointed. The place is spotless. The salted heated pool is a great bonus. The Abalonia is walking distance of all what Ogunquit has to offer and yet it is still very quiet. Can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank jojo2005
Reviewed September 4, 2012

It was a pleasure to stay at the Abalonia Inn. You cannot beat the location to the center of Ogunquit and the beach. Jimmy was beyond friendly and helpful during my stay. The recently renovated rooms were tasteful, yet warm and comforting while away from home. I have absolutely nothing bad to say about this inn, the location, the service, etc... I will definitely make this my destination spot from now on!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Salsadancer146
Reviewed August 26, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Abalonia two nights and we were so impressed with this great inn. The location is perfect; about a 3-5 minute walk to everything... beach, shops, restaurants, Marginal Way, and more. Our room was very nice and spacious and we had our own private deck. The saltwater pool is an amazing bonus; such a refreshing and relaxing place to spend time after a long day at Ogunquit Beach. Jimmy the owner was so friendly, helpful, and generous. He made us feel very welcome and gave us great suggestions for dinner and other things to do around town. We enjoyed our stay here and highly recommend it.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Allieros
Reviewed August 25, 2012

The Abalonia Inn is absolutely fantastic. The inn itself is absolutely gorgeous, being a beautiful marriage of old charm and modern convenience. Furthermore, the location of the inn is second to none, as it is in the middle of all of the action in Ogunquit, close to the beach, downtown, Marginal Way, and more! Jimmy, the innkeeper, is fabulous, and I cannot recommend the Abalonia enough!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Cristi F
Reviewed August 17, 2012

I searched on-line for lodging in Ogunquit that was dog-friendly, centrally located, and a good value. I was hooked on The Abalonia from the get-go and it did not disappoint. The inn has been beautifully renovated with a period-appropriate eye; it is also a very short walk to shops, restaurants, nightlife, and the beach. Most importantly, Jimmie and his staff accepted our 11 month rottie with open arms. Our dog-friendly room was convenently located on the first floor for easy access to the outside. To make the trip enjoyable for all, we enrolled our pup in doggy day care at Bark and Play, just five miles south in York. Our pup played with other pups in the day while we hit the shops and beach, and, exhausted from her busy day, crashed in her crate while we grabbed dinner and visited with family at night. Another perk. . . there is a dog park a mile and a half away.

I highly recommend The Abalonia. For dog owners, this is a perfect place to stay. I strongly suggest that you find activities to occupy your dog during your visit. Your stay will be more enjoyable as will that of the non-dog loving guests. There are so few dog-friendly hotels in Ogunquit so please support The Abalonia.

Camille Bartlett