My husband and I recently stayed overnight at the Juniper Hill Inn in Ogunquit, ME. We stayed on Saturday, June 8th for 1 night. We had a king room in the main building (in the same building at the lobby).
This hotel has several buildings. The main building has 2 levels of rooms, the lobby, checkin area, coffee/vending machines, an indoor pool, and a nice covered porch with comfy chairs (perfect for morning coffee!). There is no elevator that I saw so request 1st floor if you need handicap accessible or if you'll be juggling strollers. The outdoor pool is seperate and there are also additional room adjacent to the main building. T
he inn has been undergoing a renovation and about 80% of the rooms are renovated. You can double check with the front door to make sure you get an updated room. They are pretty standard, but nice. The beds are comfortable with clean linens. The bathrooms are standard-- there is fabulous water pressure and nice products from Bath & Body Works. TV is fine, free wi-fi, and continential breakfast (which we didn't have). The pool is well maintained.
It's a good place to families or couples. I wouldn't recommend it for business travelers though, as there are a lot of kids on the property and no good "business" room. Check in process is easy-- staff are nice. They keep great information on local attractions and restaurants, and have a huge book of menus (a nice bonus). Rates are reasonable, and they offer a good AAA discount.
Most rooms overlook a parking lot, so no great views that I saw; however, the hotel is really good walking distance to town. It's a short 5-minute walk to everything and about 10-minutes to the beach. It's totally reasonable, even on a hot day and/or with kids. Location wise this hotel is great-- you have a safe place to park your car and can walk into the downtown area for shops/food/etc. It's also right on the main road so you have easy access to local towns (for movies, more shopping, etc).
Overall, I'd definitely recommend this hotel and would return here myself.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Juniper Hill Inn, a Three Diamond AAA property, with its five tree studded acres has the feel of beautiful rural Maine. Walk down our hickory lined path and you're just a short walk from the sparkling shores of Ogunquit Beach... A stroll down the hill and you're ready to explore the village's distinctive shops, galleries and restaurants. In season town trolley provides another travel option with a stop directly in front of the property. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity and Hotwire so you can book your Juniper Hill Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Juniper Hill Hotel Ogunquit
- Juniper Hill Ogunquit
- Juniper Hill Inn Ogunquit, Maine