This is a nicely located, and very clean and when we were there, quiet place. You can stay in the Inn building, or in one of two, doors-to-the-outside motel style rooms. We stayed in the motel room, which was nicely appointed, but very ordinary. We didn't get to see the Inn rooms because the Inn was full (in April!!) The beds were comfortable, the room had plenty of space for sitting, and a nice split bath (with one sink outside the main bath) and a fridge that was bigger than a minibar fridge. The property is on Rt 1 (the main drag) but set back from the road a bit with nice landscapping. The Juniper Hill Inn is located within easy walking distance to town and has a back path to a side street that leads to the bridge to the beach (this is a nice walk, up and down some hills, and doesn't take more than 5 minutes to get there. I was on a "girls get away" and my friend and I walked everywhere with ease, but we weren't toting kids or chairs to the beach, which might have been challenging.
We didn't get to try out too many other amenities, but there was an indoor pool , breakfast and gym offered. We had breakfast at Egg and I based on reviews seen here and it was excellent! We walked down to Perkins Cove, along the Marginal Way, into town twice and to the Egg and I and the length of the beach all inside 24 hours, so we felt (despite the grand Egg and I Bfast) that we didn't need to hit the gym!
The office staff was polite and helpful, and this was one of the few places in town that had some wiggle room with their minimum nights ( I have reservations for 3 nights in July at another Inn with a water veiw, but they wouldn't consider a one night stay when I called two weeks before arrival even though when we walked by that Inn during our stay they had vacancies!)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Juniper Hill Inn, a Three Diamond AAA property, with its five tree studded acres has the feel of beautiful rural Maine. Walk down our hickory lined path and you're just a short walk from the sparkling shores of Ogunquit Beach... A stroll down the hill and you're ready to explore the village's distinctive shops, galleries and restaurants. In season town trolley provides another travel option with a stop directly in front of the property. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Juniper Hill Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Juniper Hill Hotel Ogunquit
- Juniper Hill Ogunquit
- Juniper Hill Inn Ogunquit, Maine