“Very enjoyable for family”
Review of Mariner Resort

Mariner Resort
Ranked #14 of 36 Hotels in Ogunquit
GreenLeadersBronze level
London
“Very enjoyable for family”
Reviewed April 20, 2014

I stayed here last August with my two young boys. I chose the hotel because of the indoor and outdoor pools and they did not disappoint. I had a tough time getting the boys out of the pools and the hours were great for kids and adults.
The room was very clean although there was a very bad smell (previous guest must have spilled some perfume). I spoke with the front desk in the morning and they were very apologetic and did everything they could to improve the situation. By the time we returned in the afternoon, the smell was gone.
The bonus from my perspective was the gorgeous view. It is not oceanside but there is a lovely view of the marshes all the way to the sea.
Overall, I thought it was a great value. It was family friendly but quiet enough for those without children to enjoy.
My boys have been asking all winter if we can return this summer. We will be back!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
scottfortin, Guest Relations Manager at Mariner Resort, responded to this review, May 25, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We are a family oriented hotel, with great amenities. With that being said, it sounds like The Mariner Resort appeals to you and your family. We thank you for your patronage and look forward to your stay with us in the near future.

The Mariner Resort

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Douglas, Massachusetts
Reviewed February 9, 2014

My family and I have been traveling to Ogunquit Maine for over 15 years now. There are many quality hotels along route 1. The Mariner Resort is one of my favorites. It is clean, the staff are friendly and it has wonderful views of the Ogunquit River. Although not walking distance to downtown, you can't beat the price. There has always been plenty of parking in and around Ogunquit so the location has never been a problem for me. Actually it is fairly quite being just outside of downtown. Don't be fooled though. By no means is The Mariner far from the action. They are right on the trolley route so a quick 5 minute ride is all you need to be at one of two beaches and all the downtown activities. There are tons of shops and restaurants all along route 1 and The Mariner is right in the middle of it. They have a very clean and updated outdoor pool and hot tub. The indoor pool is nice too. I have always found the rooms to be very clean. I have read reviews in the past about some mold in a shower but I have been coming to The Mariner for over 6 years, at least twice a year and I have never experienced anything even close to that. The bathrooms are cleaned daily and the rug is always vacuumed. I have never even found a trace of dust in any of the rooms I have stayed in. This is a great place to bring the family and I will continue to come for many more years!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Cory L
scottfortin, Guest Relations Manager at Mariner Resort, responded to this review, June 22, 2014
Thank you for your review. We are just one quick mile from the center of Ogunquit. The trolley has convenient access for our guests. We are equipped with a phenomenal cleaning staff, who pride themselves on our guests and their needs. We have a brand new zero entry pool, which our guest thoroughly enjoy. We not only maintain, but work diligently on yearly upgrades to always better accommodate our guests. We thank you for you patronage. Thank you kindly,

The Mariner Resort
U.S.A.
Reviewed December 5, 2013

Enjoyable stay at the Mariner once again. The property was, as always, clean and well-maintained. The rooms are large and it's great to have a full-size refrigerator and microwave. What sets this hotel/motel apart is the owners: they are nice people and very knowledgeable about the area.

Winsted, Connecticut
Reviewed November 24, 2013

Found a coupon for the Mariner, so I decided to stay here instead of my usual place at the Meadowmere. The pool was nice, the rooms were large and clean, and the price was great, but it was way too far away from everything. We had to sit on a trolley for a half hour to get to the beach or get into town. We ended up driving everywhere and paying for parking over and over again so we didn't have to deal with the hassle. I wish we had stayed in town so we could walk to the beach, restaurants, and shopping. In addition, you could hear everything inside the rooms. The set up was like a townhouse, with the door to your room on the outside of the building. We could hear our neighbors talking and their tvs all night. Then 6 in the morning hit and all we heard was people's doors slamming and group conversations as they walked by the room. We had hoped to sleep in on our vacation, so this was really frustrating. If the place were closer to town I would recommend it if you didn't mind the early wake-up call. But I would rather pay a few extra bucks for the convenience.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank 578105710
Wilton, Connecticut
Reviewed November 1, 2013

We've stayed there every year and have always enjoyed our stay except for this year. The room was not up to our expectation. The breakfast was mostly donuts and muffins. There were some croissants one morning but that was gone in a few minutes. The coffee decanters/pots were empty with none in the process of brewing. We were amazed that one of the women tending to the breakfast area actually asked if she should make more coffee. This was 9:15 in the morning. That shouldn't have been a question. I believe it was the owner who came over and started making the coffee and getting things together. Breakfast can include some rolls, etc. instead of all sweet items. Some of us prefer not to have sweets for breakfast or try to avoid them completely whether it's for health or diet reason.

Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed October 30, 2013

My adult kids and I stayed at the Mariner Resort for one night toward the end of our 10-day trip from NC to Maine, and I wish our other overnight stays had been this nice! The staff was friendly, the breakfast (baked fresh) a welcome departure from the usual dull breakfast fare at business-travel hotels. The room was spacious and quiet. I plan to return sometime in the spring or summer, maybe for longer, to enjoy the walks and amenities!

Springfield, MA
Reviewed October 21, 2013

We took a family trip over the weekend Oct. 18-20th and as with all of our stays at the Mariner we were very satisfied. The Queen size beds are very comfortable in rooms that are spacious and clean with a large fridge and microwave. We always enjoy the pool and hot tub (my favorite after walking the beach and Marginal Way which are close by.) The entire staff are friendly and went out of their way to answer any questions we had. They also set up a nice breakfast. I highly recommend a stay at the Mariner. You won't be disappointed. By the way, catch a sunrise right from the property. Great view of the Marsh and the Ocean off in the distance.

Room Tip: We actually prefer the first floor. Some people are bothered by overhead noise from the second floo...