From the Mariner you can walk or drive (towards the center of town) a short distance and turn left onto Ocean Street, which ends at a parking lot. There is a short bridge, and walk, over the Ogunquit River and out to the gorgeous beach. The total distance from the Mariner to the parking lot is a little over one-half mile.
Our room was very clean and included two queen beds, microwave and a good size refrigerator with a freezer that was much larger than we expected. Excellent hot shower and great water pressure. The staff was very nice and helpful. Continental breakfast was excellent and included pastries, donuts, hot coffee, lots of fresh fruit, cereal, yogurt. Both pools (indoor and outdoor) and the hot tub were beautiful, clean and in excellent condition. The property is very well kept and the owner's home is close by. There is a large grassy area with chairs, barbeque, horseshoe pits, and picnic tables that overlooks the marsh. You can even see some of the ocean and ocean front homes in the distance.
The few reasons why I did not rate this property excellent were because of outside noise while we were sleeping that woke us up in early morning.Also, plumbing pipes banged quite loudly in the building when people in other rooms shut off their water. Bathroom area is small and room in general was somewhat dark and dated.
We absolutely would return to stay at the Mariner. Overall, we had a very good experience, We would not hesitate to recommend and the cost was excellent for Ogunquit which is an expensive place to stay. Ogunquit beach is beautiful, but in the summer the traffic is horrendous, so we prefer off-season.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Mariner Resort in scenic Ogunquit, Maine offers several rooming choices to meet most tastes and budgets. Guests can choose from basic motel type rooms to oversized three bed suites complete with free wireless internet access, air conditioning, distant ocean views and much more. All of our guests enjoy our indoor and outdoor pools, hot tub, fitness room, FREE continental breakfast, volleyball, bocce court areas and our barbeque area. Our quiet location overlooking the scenic tidal marsh with distant ocean views offers a fabulous vantage point to explore Ogunquit, Wells, nearby Kennebunkport and all of Southern Maine. We hope to see you at the Mariner soon! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Cancelon, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Orbitz, Agoda and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Mariner Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Mariner Hotel Ogunquit
- Mariner Resort Ogunquit, Maine
- Mariner Hotel Ogunquit