“The song HAPPY was written about this place!”

Bread and Roses Bakery
Ranked #1 of 7 Dessert in Ogunquit
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night
Reviewed July 2, 2014 via mobile

We go to the beach in Ogunquit every year for lots of reasons...but visiting Bread & Roses multiple times everyday while on vacation is arguably what we talk about the other 355 days every year! There really aren't any words to describe our love affair with this amazing culinary slice of heaven! The baked foods are created with perfection, the coffee ifs to die for, the lunch foods are incredible-and the breads are simply divine!!! Add to this explosion of foody delight an amazing staff that greets us with warm smiles & engaging conversation-it's no wonder Tripadvisor LOVES bread & Roses! !!

1  Thank Flymetothemoonphoto

Reviewed July 2, 2014

My daughters picked A $2.25 cookie big as her toddler head cookie, and my 10 year old a triple chocolate artisan cupcake, I had a napoleon, husband had coffee, and No one was disappointed. Make time for this gem in your trip.

Reviewed July 2, 2014

Had a cappuccino with a magic square and it was delicious! The staff was so friendly and warm. I even bought homemade cookies/treats for my puppy!

Reviewed June 28, 2014

This little place is such a treasure, it was easy to see why it gets so many great reviews. The coffee (Carpe Diem) is absolutely wonderful. Seriously. I loved it so much that I drove to the roasters home place in N. Berwick. They do sell the bags of beans ( whole or ground) at the bakery, but because I was going to be buying a huge amount, I went to the Carpe Diem Roasters to purchase it there. You save about 3/lb if you purchase it there. The drive was only 10-15 mins away, very easy to get to off Route 1 North. After buying about 3 cups/day, every day (both iced and hot). I knew I found my favorite coffee, and I wanted to be sure I could enjoy it at home for quite some time as well. Any the pastries? Beyond yummy! You can also get spinach/cheese croissants and morning quiches cooked in puff-like pastry....they are a work of art. You can never walk by this place without there being many happy customers ahh-ing and ooo-ing over the creations behind the glass counters. It's also open til 11 pm, which makes it a prime place to get a cappuccino and dessert after a movie (located across the street.) I looked forward to it every night, movie or no movie, just to grab a hot cup and walk near the beach. And....no matter how busy they are (which is always), they serve you with a smile:)

1  Thank Chris D
Reviewed June 27, 2014 via mobile

We pretty much got something everyday from Bread and Roses. Everything is delicious. A little pricey for something's but worth every penny. They always had a huge selection any time of day even in the busy summer! Giant chocolate chip cookies were my favorite!

1  Thank delaware97