“Start Your Day Here”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night
Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

I knew the coffee was excellent from years of visiting Ogunquit. Is it possible that the dark roast was even better ? During our visit I managed to stop by several times. On one occasion my husband and I shared a brilliant quiche with spinach.
The calories were worth it ! the pastries, muffins and other baked items are simply beautiful...and generous size treats can easily be shared (or not !).
Parking was easy that week in June and we did visit the neighboring Candy shop where I picked up Marshmallow fudge, salt water taffy and rock candy for gifts.
Don't miss some of the adjacent shops, in particular The Village Grocery where we purchased meats and cheese for a picnic. Or have your sandwich made to order.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

I was very impressed with the baked goods and treats, we tried a number of the different throughout our weekend stay and we were pleased with each of them! The staff was very friendly and helpful. I will return!

Reviewed June 15, 2013

Looking in the pastry cases still makes my mouth water and one item is more beautiful than the next BUT after trying at least 10 different items from the pastry case over the past year on our many summer visits to Ogunquit, my husband and I decided that we'd stick to the lattes. We find that no matter what we purchase -- cupcakes, cake, pie, brownies, or specialty items that none were very flavorful and most were dry. We were not impressed.

2  Thank Ebbflo4
Reviewed June 15, 2013

When visiting Ogunquit, I enjoy the many restaurant offerings, but always complete my meal with a stop at Bread and Roses. Sweets of all kinds, and all delicious -- plus the staff is friendly and helpful!

Reviewed June 12, 2013

This is our yearly spot when we vacation in ogunquit, Maine. We love their pastries and beverages. The iced chi tea is yummy and my parents bought their hot coffee never a disappointment. Always friendly staff and always fresh and tempting bakery treats. The prices as with any bakery were a bit high but you get that with any bakery. So worth the extra money. I bought three raspberry twists, a big chocolate chip cookie and a few Conn. Sugar muffin like pastries throughout our stay. All were wonderful,fresh and satisfying. The staff is ready to greet you with a smile and happy to fulfill your order as you want it. Would recommend this bakery to anyone who is visiting ogunquit, Maine it's right on the main street in the center of ogunquit. Just by the Ben and jerry's ice cream place. They have a few tables n chairs to sit on outside as well. You may also buy t shirts with their logo bread and roses bakery. Recommend this place to all visitors.