“Wonderful getaway!!!”
Review of Sea Rose Suites

Sea Rose Suites
Ranked #6 of 36 Hotels in Ogunquit
Reviewed September 21, 2012

My husband and I went here for the first time to celebrate our 5th anniversary and loved it. The front desk staff was wonderful and we could not say enough of them. Joe was wonderful and was willing to help us out in any way he could. Olga helped us out one morning and was so wonderful about it. The rooms are very modern and clean as well as the rest of the hotel. The one thing I would change if I could would to be able to swim later in the indoor pool area other than that we loved this place. We agreed to spend our anniversary here every year from now on.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
SeaRosesOGT, Owner at Sea Rose Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2012

Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review for your stay at our Sea Rose Suites. Thanks also for mentioning Joe and Olga....we think that they are both amazing and we love it when guests feel the same way. Happy Anniversary! We look forward to seeing you on your next anniversary! We are honored that you liked your stay so much that you will come back each year!

There are newer reviews for Sea Rose Suites

Reviewed September 13, 2012

We went there few days ago. Very good location in Ogunquit. Right in the middle between Ogunquit and Perkins cove. Service at the front desk was like in a 5 stars hotel. Room's could be a bit more modern, but I guess it's part of the deal when you go in Ogunquit. Very nice hotel, I couldn't find better there.

2  Thank Jmichel83
SeaRosesOGT, Owner at Sea Rose Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2012

Thanks so much for taking the time to write your review of your stay at our Sea Rose Suites. Thank you also for appreciating the great service that our fabulous desk staff gives to our guests. I think that you stayed in one of the VERY few remaining suites that have not been totally redecorated. I wish that you had the chance to see the other recently redecorated suites. We will be completing our remaining suites this winter and hopefully you will come back and stay with us again. I am sure you will be pleasantly surprised. We purchased the property just a few years ago and have been constantly upgrading and renovating, and we are almost there for a completion date. :)

Reviewed September 9, 2012

I booked a room here for me and my wifes 15 year anniversary and from the very beginning was overwhelmed by the helpfulness of the staff there, they went above and beyond to help make sure our weekend was well spent. Joe and Olga made us feel like family,and with such wonderful accommodations know we will be back soon. Thanks again Joe your the Best! !

• Stayed: September 2012

Happy Anniversary and thank you for spending such a special occasion with us at the Sea Rose Suites. Joe and Olga are such treasures for us and it was great of you to mention how much you appreciated them. Thank you for writing such a great review. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed September 8, 2012

My boyfriend and I traveled to Ogunquit for a few days in early September. We chose the Sea Rose Suites on Shore Road and it turned out to be a great location. Upon arrival, we met Joe at the front desk. He was very accommodating, knowledgeable about the area and fun to talk to. Our suite was the renovated manager's apartment and it was fabulous. It was nicely appointed and came with it's own washer and dryer, The deck was a bit small and had less privacy than we would have liked, but that was really the only drawback. There was fresh coffee every morning at 7:00 am and we would just mosey out to the lobby instead of making our own. On the 4th day we had to move to another building which was a disappointment. We were quite spoiled by the suite we were accustomed to but it was only for one night. (We knew about this change when we booked the room.) Joe gave us a great recommendation for dinner at 98 Provence right down the street. It turned out to be the best meal of the trip. The food and service were awesome!

We also dined at Oarweed the first night which was standard beach fare. We were lucky enough to get a seat outside and watch the full moon rise above the ocean! Another notable dinner was Five 0 Shore Road. The appetizers were excellent (little plates) and the entrées were good. The service was on point and overall it was a bit pricey all considered.

For breakfast we dined at Amore, which was a good breakfast; Wild Blueberry which was terrible and overpriced and the Cove Cafe which was awesome! Both Amore and Cove Cafe were great choices for breakfast.

All in all, it was a great trip and we would recommend the Sea Rose Suites if you are looking for a optimal location not on the beach. The assigned parking was a bit sophomoric as we had to change our space 3 times...way too much to remember when you are on vacation! However, the price was right and we would definitely return on a future trip.

Room Tip: Ask for the manager's suite in the Harbor House. You won't be disappointed!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Thanks for taking the time to write such a comprehensive and nice review of your stay at our Sea Rose Suites. Joe is amazing and we are so happy when guests appreciate and mention him. I just redid the Manager's Apartment, as you know, and it was so nice of you to mention how much you loved it. :) The parking that you mentioned is assigned because unfortunately we had many issues with people who were NOT guests using the parking area, as well as guests bringing too many cars which caused other guests to have no place to park. It's kind of complicated and not to discuss our "problems" with guests, lol, but we found that assigned parking works best in the long run. We look forward to seeing you again and thanks so much for your great review.

Reviewed September 5, 2012

Looks better than the pictures - Lovely outdoor pool, indoor pool - small, but nice that they have one! Very quaint, very clean. Bedroom is a relaxing retreat. I loved the location - walking distance to downtown restaurants and shops as well as marginal way & perkins cove. We did not need to use the trolley. I was warned that all hotels say they are 'walking distance' - but in a town like ogunquit, who minds walking a mile or 2? It's so picturesque, I didnt even mind walking in the rain! Bonus - philosophy brand bath products - it's all about the details!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank jerseyians

Thank you for writing such a great review of your stay at our Sea Rose Suites. Thank you also for appreciating the Philosophy Bath Products. I took a long time deciding which products to use and I like it when someone notices. :) You were so nice to say that the suites are better than the pictures. I did just have new pictures and videos done for our website, so hopefully they will better depict the suites. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

Just returned, we had a great stay at Sea Rose Suites. Everything I knew about Ogunquit I learned from reading online, so I wasn't sure the location would be ideal. I'm glad I trusted my instincts. Sea Rose Suites was perfect for our needs. Had it been warmer, I might have preferred to be closer to the beach, but from the cooler days we experienced this was just fine! Most of our time was spent in Perkins Cove (shopping, eating, boat rides) so the 3 minute walk was great. Even with 2 young children in tow, we were able to park our car and not take it out again (which was good, since parking was slim and costly in town and near the beach. The suite was spacious and the kitchenette was clean and useful!

The best way to describe this hotel is to say it reminded me of visiting a friends house - a friend who is really clean. They've thought of everything. It's so nice and you won't be skeeved (like I felt when I looked at the photos of other hotels online!)

You'll especially love it if you have children. It was nice to have the space to stretch out after walking around all day. The outdoor pool area is GORGEOUS (not sure about the indoor pool - we didn't check it out). The grounds are well maintained.

Have fun!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
SeaRosesOGT, Owner at Sea Rose Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2012

Thanks so much for taking the time to write such a nice review of your stay with us at the Sea Rose Suites. I appreciate you mentioning how much you loved the outdoor pool. It is new last year and as you can see, we put a lot of thought into making it beautiful and relaxing. It's nice when other guests can read on Trip Advisor about the amenities that you enjoyed. We hope that you will stay with us again.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

We have been vacationing in Ogunquit for over 25 years and always love our stay. This year the inn we usually visit was booked so we needed to find something new. Well, did we luck out by finding the Sea Rose Suites! We travelled with another couple and stayed in a beautiful townhouse that gave us all the amenities of renting a home but the extra touches you get when in a hotel (ie housekeeping, concierge services, etc). The suite itself is immaculate, tastefully decorated and the property offers a beautiful outdoor pool, an indoor pool, lots of outdoor seating and gass grills available for your use. Joe at the front desk was outstanding and couldn't be nicer. From the moment I booked the reservation I knew he was a gem!! He was helpful in every way possible. There would be many happy customers out there if more people like Joe worked in the hotel business. Sea Rose Suites is our new favorite destination in Ogunquit!!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Wow, your review was so nice! Thank you so much for writing such nice things about Joe, as well as the suites. We agree with you that more people in the hospitality business should have the fabulous attitude and professionalism that Joe shows. We feel so lucky to have such a great guy on our staff. We hope that you will return to stay with us at the Sea Rose Suites.