“Not impressed”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Our group of 8 selected this restaurant for it's location and a quick look at the menu posted outside. The staff was helpful by putting the plastic curtain down because it was chilly. Our waiter would not do separate tabs, because the computer wouldn't do it without a whole lot of trouble! The service was a little slow, but the food was OK, There was a mix up with our order, and we were all served our dinners except one. The waiter said the cook miscounted and didn't put enough lobsters in for us. One member of our group waited 10+ minutes for her meal. Meanwhile, the rest of us were almost done! We felt some sort of compensation should have been offered. We will probably try another restaurant on our next trip.

Reviewed September 25, 2013 via mobile

The food was good. The patio was cold even with a lighted poke nearby. And the service was spuratic. Would come back as we enjoyed the meal.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

We have been coming to Ogunquit for a number of years. The last night in Ogunquit, our group of 8 decided to try this restaurant. Service was a little rough, especially in the beginning - believe they were short a waiter. One lobster dinner did not come until the other 7 were at least half way through their dinners. Lobster primavera was a little heavy. One member of our group had steak and that was very good. The rest agreed the food was ok, not exceptional. Was a chilly evening with a brisk breeze. Staff were very accommodating and closed the see-thru blinds for us and put on the near-by heater - a great help. A negative in our book was the cash only policy (no credit cards) and they could not provide separate checks even though orders were pretty simple.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

This was our first trip to Ogunquit, and we overheard a couple saying that Blue Water Inn was a good place to eat, so we went. We sat on the patio, and the view was nice and they had heaters which was great.
We had clam and seafood chowder and both were probably the best we have ever had! For dinner we had Lazy man lobster and salmon. I really didn't eat much of the salmon, because it was dry..not a big deal, but the waiter asked me and I said it was just a little dry. He brought back the check, and did not charge us for the salmon...we thanked him very much, and he said "no problem, I showed the chef, and he was upset, it was sooo dry!" Would definitely go back.

Reviewed September 1, 2013

Last Tuesday evening , I chose to return to the Blue Water, recalling the unsurpassed view of the inlet from its outdoor dining area. I was greeted most cordially by the hostess who immediately acceeded to my request for the same table at which I had dined during my previous visit. The evening, simply put, was gorgeous, and my meal consisting of chowder and the lazy man's lobster did not disappoint. I had ordered the Caribbean rice but instead was given mashed potaoes which were very good. Within a few moments, without my even asking, the server, apologizing for the error, brought me the rice dish which was also very good. I already look forward to dining at Blue Water once again during my next visit to Ogunquit.

1  Thank Dennis B