“Best bang for your buck!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #31 of 97 Restaurants in Ogunquit
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Ogunquit-ME/Footbridge-Lobster/103743646330827
Rensselaer, New York
“Best bang for your buck!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2014

They offered 1 lb lobster dinners, buy one get one free for $13.99!!! They are also open early in the morning for coffee or an egg sandwich. Service is great and you get to talk with the locals and fisherman.

Visited June 2014

Haddon Heights, NJ
“Lobster Roll”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2014

Best lobster roll we ever had in Maine and we've had some good ones! Line have gotten long now that the word is out, but it's worth the wait.

Visited September 2013
Huntington, New York
“BEST LOBSTER ROLL IN MAINE”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2014

With a goal to find the best lobster roll in southern maine and to beat the good but lackluster lobster rolls we had prior in other towns, we ventured to Footbridge Lobster based on online reviews and articles. I will be honest in saying it was out of our way and the $10+ parking fee for a lobster roll was a bit pushing it and almost made us turn around and not go. It wasn't busy season but it was packed near Perkin's Cove and we had to walk a good 3/4 mile to try this place. But it was a beautiful day and we were not in a rush.
Upon arrival at Footbridge Lobster, I will say I DID judge a book by it's cover a bit. It is truly a shack (where does the counter lady even stand??) and there is NO WHERE to sit. But the line was long and the customers behind us said they'd waited "all year" for it to open and I would NOT be disappointed. I ordered the lobster roll in butter. It was $15+ and came with a side of chips. I wanted to opt for the "buy one get one" lobster deal (for $13.95!!!! what??), but I knew I wouldn't eat 2 lobsters. And yes, I was there to find the best lobster roll in Maine… like I said.
I sat on a bench across the way and waited 10 minutes for my "to-go" roll. I placed the paper plate in my lap and went for the first bite. And I knew at that moment what heaven tasted like.
All my other lobster rolls had been served with mayo, so maybe that was the difference. Maybe it was because I was starving and waiting all day for this roll. But no, it was THAT DAMN GOOD!
I ate each bite like it was my last and in fact couldn't wait to return again that night or even the next day. I was FLOORED by how tasty and fresh this place was.
But let me tell you, expect NO FRILLS. It is served on paper, soda is in a can, chips in a bag, there's no seating or even shade in sit to eat under. But all this didn't matter to me even for a second. It was so delicious and tasty that I could've been enjoying the roll in the rain and I would've been okay with it.
Seriously, do NOT miss this place. It is the BEST hidden gem for food in Ogunquit. It has UNBELIEVABLE lobster rolls and yes, I tried the Fish and Chips too and they were SUPERB!
It was worth the parking fee, the walk there AND the lack or decor or atmosphere. It was just AMAZING.
If and when I return to Maine, I will definitely make this my first and last spot to eat. In the meantime, I will dream about it everyday until I go back.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
New England
“Great lobster rolls!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

This is a great place to get a lobster roll. You can have mayo and/or butter. The lobster meat is delicious! They offered a buy one lobster get one free for $13.95 which is an amazing deal for those who don't mind getting their hands dirty. It's a shack so need to find a place to sit in Perkins Cove but that shouldn't be a problem at all. You could even take your lunch up to the Marginal Way and sit on a bench and have spectacular views.

Mount Olive, New Jersey
“Fresh and fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2014

Foot bridge is a tiny little lobster shack in the Maine tradition, the owner who catches the lobsters fresh every day was there to talk to gusts waiting to order or have their food prepared. Every order is prepared while you wait, so it takes 10 minutes, but well worth the wait. You can take away and eat on benches 20 meters away or on the seawall across the road and look at the bridge and boats in the harbor. great food!

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Been to Footbridge Lobster? Share your experiences!