“Best Lobster Roll”

Footbridge Lobster
Ranked #32 of 101 Restaurants in Ogunquit
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Takeout
Description: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Ogunquit-ME/Footbridge-Lobster/103743646330827
Reviewed June 23, 2013

This Lobster Roll has lots of lobster in it. It was also the biggest lobster roll we have ever had and also the most delicious. You need to walk and shop after.

Reviewed June 22, 2013

Well not much to add, the Lobster Roll was stellar from this little carryout window. The bun was overflowing with fresh succulent large pieces of lobster and just a light coating of Mayo on a perfectly toasted bun.

1  Thank firestalker
Reviewed June 18, 2013

When we asked one of the Perkins Cove municipal parking lot guys where to find the best lobster rolls, his first answer was "From my wife at my house." The second best place? Footbridge Lobster. We can't attest to the quality of his wife's lobster rolls, but we sure enjoyed the FL ones with light mayo. Our companions who opted for the fish & chips also sang praises for FL. At the end of the row of shops on your way toward the center of town, be sure to stop at the ice cream place for dessert. Unlike Footbridge Lobster, they have outdoor seating.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

I'm reading all the great reviews and I can confirm that this place is genuinely good. What they fail to report is the parking situation.

Plan wisely... and you can park for free. Plan poorly and you won't be parking here at all.
I'll find you a spot (now aren't you glad you read the review site with the wise owl?).

I visited Footbridge Lobster on a Monday morning at 11:30am. There was no line (because it was Monday). The weather was PERFECT. I found a FREE spot up the hill about a quarter mile away, just before the Bourne Rd. cut-off back to Hwy. 1.

Here's when planning comes in handy: There are about a dozen FREE parking spots that open up at NOON right across from Footbridge Lobster. Before noon, these parking spots are reserved for delivery trucks only. The spots are labeled "compact cars only", but many that came in at noon were full size. GOOD LUCK and be there precisely at NOON.

The food:
I ordered the lobster roll ($15.95), my wife ordered clam strips (no bellies). Both were excellent. The sign had a $10.95 lobster special, but the boat hadn't come in so no cheap lobster deal was actually available.

The scenery:
The footbridge and the harbor are very pretty but the parking lot across from this lobster shack isn't. The walk along Marginal Way is very beautiful.

The payment: They DO accept Visa and Mastercard as well as cash.

1  Thank flintjarvis
Reviewed June 12, 2013

We had the best lobster roll at Footbridge Lobster, you get plenty of lobster in your roll, yum, very good.

1  Thank Facebook41925

Been to Footbridge Lobster? Share your experiences!