“The Parking Situation”

Footbridge Lobster
Ranked #31 of 98 Restaurants in Ogunquit
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Takeout
Description: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Ogunquit-ME/Footbridge-Lobster/103743646330827
Flint, mi
“The Parking Situation”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

I'm reading all the great reviews and I can confirm that this place is genuinely good. What they fail to report is the parking situation.

Plan wisely... and you can park for free. Plan poorly and you won't be parking here at all.
I'll find you a spot (now aren't you glad you read the review site with the wise owl?).

I visited Footbridge Lobster on a Monday morning at 11:30am. There was no line (because it was Monday). The weather was PERFECT. I found a FREE spot up the hill about a quarter mile away, just before the Bourne Rd. cut-off back to Hwy. 1.

Here's when planning comes in handy: There are about a dozen FREE parking spots that open up at NOON right across from Footbridge Lobster. Before noon, these parking spots are reserved for delivery trucks only. The spots are labeled "compact cars only", but many that came in at noon were full size. GOOD LUCK and be there precisely at NOON.

The food:
I ordered the lobster roll ($15.95), my wife ordered clam strips (no bellies). Both were excellent. The sign had a $10.95 lobster special, but the boat hadn't come in so no cheap lobster deal was actually available.

The scenery:
The footbridge and the harbor are very pretty but the parking lot across from this lobster shack isn't. The walk along Marginal Way is very beautiful.

The payment: They DO accept Visa and Mastercard as well as cash.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank flintjarvis

Westford, Massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Lobster”
Reviewed June 12, 2013

We had the best lobster roll at Footbridge Lobster, you get plenty of lobster in your roll, yum, very good.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Facebook41925
Andover, Massachusetts
“Average Lobster Roll”
Reviewed June 12, 2013

I didn't like the fact that the help were all just hanging around outside the place and sitting in the only 2 chairs they had. I don't really consider this a restaurant--more a take-out. I do know the lobster meat was fresh though--not frozen (premium)!!

Visited June 2013
Oviedo, Florida, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Lived up to its Reputation”
Reviewed June 4, 2013

I heard about Footbridge Lobster from Yelp! and wanted to test it out. It is iconic New England right by the docks where they bring in the lobster fresh. We both chose the rolls with coleslaw. They offer you the ability to choose how you want your lobster prepared - plain, with mayo or with butter. I chose butter and my lady chose mayo. I was visiting this area while my lady lives here. She was comparing this roll to another well known restaurant right around the corner. She looked at it with a critical eye and pleasantly admitted that this roll was better. Strong statement, strong compliment! We visited just before the summer rush begins, so it was a joy to sit there and enjoy the sunset without the soon-to-come rush of summer.
Definitely worth a visit.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Wes W
Leland, North Carolina
“When Simple Is The Best”
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Let me add my praises to the choir. Unadulterated fresh lobster meat, 5 or 6 oz. we were told, with a little butter or mayo on a delicious long roll made this lobster roll one of the best we've tasted.

Full-belly fried clam roll was excellent and the French fries were very good.

Limited seating (two chairs), but on a beautiful, sunny day there’s plenty of places to find a chair or bench to enjoy their great food.

• Visited May 2013

Been to Footbridge Lobster? Share your experiences!